Transporting ribs for Superbowl party

Retired RailRoader

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Since I bought my first Big Green Egg we always had Superbowl at my house. A friend of mine who lives around the corner wanted to have the party this year. Naturally I was asked to bring something to eat. At first I was inclined to make and bring a pulled pork since once its cooked you just wrap it and put it a cooler to transport. My wife asked me why don't you brings ribs. Now I love football and I love watching the commercials so my question is if I plan to have my ribs done early can they be wrapped and kept for 2 - 3 hours in a cooler without getting mushy? I don't know if I will have access to their oven as I do not know what other food is being brought. Has anyone ever done this before with good results? Thanks

id say do a 3-2 and then foil/towel wrap in a cooler. when you get to the game, chuck them on a grill for a little bit just to warm and tighten them up a bit - they'll be great.

On a side note, whatever you do, these will not be the best slabs of ribs you have ever served. JUST ACCEPT IT. They will still be delicious, and your friends won't care if you've done better, it will still be the best ribs they will eat (most likely, if you are a brethren) anytime soon.

Just do your best, and everybody will be happy!

If you are not traveling that far, you can get your ribs done, put them in a cooler for transport. To hold them for 2-3 hours, put them in a pan in your oven, uncovered, at 150*F. This is how I hold ribs at the restaurant.

i brought ribs to my sister's house on Christmas Eve. Cooked as usual (no foil during cook). i wrapped in foil, covered in towels & coolered to transport.

sliced and served at the party... came out awesome, not mushy.

Back