Horse meat: Yes or No - POLL

Would you eat horse meat?

• Yes

Votes: 154 60.4%
  • No

Votes: 101 39.6%

• Total voters
Prolly not frequently but yes I will..

I voted yes. Trigger on a bun with Peter Luger's steak sauce.

It's one of those things. If I was born into eating horse meat like I was with beef poultry and swine wouldn't be so bad. Definitely take some adjusting to. But sure why not.

Hell I will try anything. If it sucks just wrap it in bacon and put some 3 Eyz rub on it. Bacon and 3 Eyz rub makes everything taste good.

Sure why not. After reading 1 oz of horse meat was worth 2 weight watchers points my dad told me that a young colt meat is tasty. Don't know how he knew that though.

Wasnt there a time not to long ago that if you ate at Mcdonalds you were eating kangaroo meat mix in with the beef for burgers. Down south they eat swamp rat [ nutria ]. So I see nothing wrong with horse meat

They ate it a lot during the Civil War, don't know if it was documented in many places but I do know it is very well documented in the book "Echo of the Blackhorn," which is out of print now but you can still get a copy from Amazon from time to time and SOME libraries may have it. VERY interesting read (Especially for fellow MS Brethren since it is about South MS during the war and centers around the whole "Free State of Jones" Thing. )if you haven't had a chance to look at it.

Absolutely -- it's extremely high quality meat and better for you than beef, more like bison. However, most horses, because they're not raised for consumption, are fed supplements and treated medically in ways that could compromise the meat. Sort of the opposite of "organic" -- you could be consuming all kinds of antibiotics, hormones, steroids, and other substances not ideal for your health. I wouldn't eat just any horse. But, it's shameful that people and lawmakers treat and protect them like pets. As long as cruelty isn't involved, no animal should be "off the table" for food purposes, metaphorically speaking.

I grew up riding, training, and showing horses. I now teach riding camps in the summer. Many, many good memories, however I have spent many a day frustrated by these same animals. So the answer is....................hell yeah

As long as it is not Mr Ed I would definatley give it a shot! :laugh:

Been there,done that,will be doing it again.:thumb:

As long as cruelty isn't involved, no animal should be "off the table" for food purposes, metaphorically speaking.

How about opossum?

possum_cookbook.jpg

Yes, I would.. If god didn't want us to eat them, he wouldn't have made them out of tasty, tasty meat....

Back