• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber Kettle Ribs and Corn (pron)

Mister Bob

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I like to mix it up, and I like to make sure all the cookers get a workout once in a while so I fired up the 26" OTG and made some ribs, tips and grilled corn. I think they turned out great, have a look and let me know if you agree.

The rub was The Slabs - Birds and Bones, the kettle was set up for indirect heat and was running at 275 degrees. Here are the ribs when they first hit the grill.
BOCESRibs102400001.jpg

After one hour, I squeezed on some Parkay margarine.
BOCESRibs102400002.jpg

After another hour, the ribs looked like this, they're coming along nicely.
BOCESRibs102400003.jpg

I laid out some honey and raw sugar on some aluminum foil,
BOCESRibs102400004.jpg

placed the ribs on top, face down,
BOCESRibs102400005.jpg

and put some more honey and sugar on the bone side.
BOCESRibs102400006.jpg

All wrapped up and back on the grill.
BOCESRibs102400007.jpg

An hour and a half later I opened them up. Notice how much liquid formed in the foil. I didn't add any before I wrapped the ribs up.
BOCESRibs102400008.jpg

I poured off the liquid, applied the sauce (a mixture of BH Original, BH Tennessee Red and a secret ingredient), and put them back on the grill along with some corn that I had already steamed in their husks.
BOCESRibs102400009.jpg

BOCESRibs102400012.jpg

Sliced
BOCESRibs102400016.jpg

and served.
BOCESRibs102400017.jpg

The perfect bite!
BOCESRibs102400018.jpg

Very nice! I wish I had some that looked that good at the KCBS comp I judged today.

that looks pharkin delicious! great job. i can help you out with making sure all your cookers get the workout they deserve and so desparately need. just send one my way:wink:.

what is this parkay margarine you speak of? i've never heard of it and what does it do for the ribs? they sure looked good after you used it

Very nicely done. Great looking ribs - great mahogany color.

The pics made me realize I could really go for some corn on the cob right now - grilled of course!

My local Westlake Hardware has had the same 26" OTG sittin out on display for 3 years now. I keep hoping to see it on sale one day. After seeing the fine pron done on yours now I REALLY want it...lol. But I'm still holding out for a sale price one day!..They want 300 bucks for it. Would be great for tri-tip...yum.

Very nice looking ribs Mister Bob! Great post. If you had put "tutorial" on the title, I'd have believed that it was one! :clap2:

what is this parkay margarine you speak of? i've never heard of it and what does it do for the ribs? they sure looked good after you used it

Parkay is a brand of margarine that's available in squeeze bottles; I sometimes substitute 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' which is also available that way. If you can't find a squeezable margarine, just melt some in a small pot or in the microwave and pour it on top.

It helps keep the ribs moist and also adds another flavor.

Back