BBQ Bandit (Bob) goes beyond this site.

goodbuddiesbbq

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I would have written this sooner, but I wanted to get the time to give it the proper billing that it deserved.

We flew from Florida/Ohio to Maryland to compete in Salisbury, MD and compete in the "big" comp up in those parts. Being hundreds of miles from the house we were looking to piece together some gear and had a lot of great people offer to give up some gear. Thanks to George from Who Are Those Guys? (thanks for the dinner as well), Dan from 3 Eyz, Big Guns (great neighbors) and all of the others that helped.

Then came Bob (BBQ Bandit) who gave me a phone call and offered all of his gear, time, gas, money & energy to make a cold and windy weekend awesome. Bob had the gear unloaded and setup by the time we got there and had absolutely everything we could have ever wanted or needed.

However, that wasn't the greatest part about Bob...yeah the Lang was a nice "loaner" and the covered trailer to back up the pop up tent when it blew over was clutch, but the greatest part about the whole thing was.........Bob!!!

He was just a genuine, hard working, helping person and seemed like a favorite uncle upon meeting him in person. He battled some crappy weather, time that could have been spent with family and our prima donna needs to make sure that complete strangers were in familiar territory.

This site has allowed us to meet some great people and folks that truly are brotherly (if you like your brothers), but Bob takes the creed of this site to an entirely new level!

Side story...during the comp, which he was a giant help with finding utensils and keeping the Lang and Bubba Keg rolling he had to go make sure Sledneck was ok from a car wreck (hope you're feeling better brother, you looked out of it at awards...understandable), but then had to go get him from the hospital.

This wasn't a person loaning gear...this was a true Brethren going to the extreme and putting everybody else first as a good brother would! That sounds easy to do, but it isn't...it's hard work.

Bob...Thanks...although we didn't have quite the cook we wanted...I hope that 3rd place Brisket was enough to make it worth it!

I am forever greatful and I know that you aren't a "you owe me" kind of person, but I owe you...if you ever need anything in Ohio or Florida...you know where to find me!

Phil and Mods...I don't know if there is an honorary position or title that can be given out by you guys each year, but this guy is the best representative this site could ever have.

I can't say it enough...Thanks!:clap2:

We were set up just behind you. I never saw Bob sit down he was moving around every time I looked over.

Bob is a great guy I met him a few years ago at a comp. BTW did you see his TATTOO?

I have had the pleasure of cooking with Bob a couple times now when he drives in from Pa. to ohio for PGB. And also talking on nermors occasions. And yes everything you said and more. Bob is what this site is all about and we are all lucky to know him.

Last edited:
These are the kind of post that make me Happy I found this forum quite by accident I must add. I am nothing more than a back yard Q'er but I read the post on this site every day and I have learned so much from the brethern. Post kike this one is what makes it all worth while. Brethren Forever. :thumb:

I had the pleasure to meet and hang out with Bob in Yardley a couple of years ago when I was cooking with Phil. It was brutally hot and everyone was miserable. Except Bob. His enthusiasim, up beat personality and genuine good naturedness never wilted even when the rest of us got hot, tired and cranky.
We haven't crossed paths since that brutally hot day, but I hope that changes sometime soon.
I am glad to hear that he hasn't changed
Bob you are da man!

Bob truly is a class act. When i wrecked my car saturday morning before turn ins he and Matt were on site within minutes of my crash getting crap out of my car while i was in the hospital. When i was released he came right out to pick me up and brought me back to the comp. I am forever thankful. Brethren of the year!

I agree, Bob is a class act, without him i wouldn't have my bubba keg he was nice enough to pick up and deliver to my house all for a good cause... and he makes some good chili as well....

If he ever needs a hand i hope I can help in any way..

Eric

Have had the good fortune of cooking with Bobby at the PGBBQ a couple of years, doesnt surprise me at all.
Bob is the definition of a true Brethren. :thumb:

I had the pleasure of meeting Bob a couple years ago at the Dayton, Ohio event. In fact I think thats when he first got that new trailer and that tattoo! . Super nice guy.

Scott

Last edited:
I couldn't say it any better than Matt did. Bob went above and beyond to help us out in Salisbury. He is such a great guy with a huge heart and love for BBQ and the comraderie that it builds. He is a great person and one heck of an ambassador for BBQ and the Brethren! As much as we love to go back and forth on this forum about foiling, homemade sauces/rubs, pellet cookers, etc., it is actions such as Bob's that shows what this forum is all about and that is helping your fellow BBQ'er!

With that being said...

If you get a chance, you need to ask Bob about that slick new ride that he just purchased :thumb:. Bob...if you want to let that car go for cheap, I'll help you out with that.

Also, I'm trying to get into Delaware....Scottie...it'll be nice to meet you...and if you want to come hang out Bob, we'll be there. No work this time for you...just relaxation and it'll give me a chance to test drive that thing.

How bout some pictures!

I had the pleasure to meet and hang out with Bob in Yardley a couple of years ago when I was cooking with Phil. It was brutally hot and everyone was miserable. Except Bob. His enthusiasim, up beat personality and genuine good naturedness never wilted even when the rest of us got hot, tired and cranky.
We haven't crossed paths since that brutally hot day, but I hope that changes sometime soon.
I am glad to hear that he hasn't changed
Bob you are da man!
I know that feeling.

I too have cooked with Bob over the years at the PGBBQ over by dare in Dayton. Any time you needed something Bob was there!

You were truely blessed to have him there! The man has a touch to help every one around him (not to mention there have been times I thought he was a bit touched).

Sorry Bob, couldn't resist! Love ya bro.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Back