• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Todds Dirt?

BBQWildcat

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Ok i am curious, i hear people rave about it. what is in it? it just looks very unappealing to me, but it may taste good. i was just curious. it king of looks like fine grass clippings?

TUck

I heard about it here, and followed up by contacting Todd and have been a fan since my first sampling. I think the link is toddsdirt.com, or send a PM to TheDirtMan here. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed. It is a combo of herbs and spices that compliments just about everything, no chit...

Ok i am curious, i hear people rave about it. what is in it? it just looks very unappealing to me, but it may taste good. i was just curious. it king of looks like fine grass clippings?

TUck

Todd is a good member of this forum. And I believe it's extremely rude to compare his product to grass clippings. It's one thing to question what is in it. It's another to make the comment you did.

This is not what we are about here.

Most dried spices look like grass clippings ... which are far more appealing than dirt.

From what many people here have said, this particular dirt is quite good. I've been tempted to order and should probably find out if Todd ships overseas.

Tick, I'm also a fan of Todd's dirt and prefer it on potatoes and steak. If it is "grass clippings" then I suggest we all start bagging our grass when we mow!

sorry typo I meant to type TUck

Last edited:
It is very good especially on beef. I'm on my 6th bottle. I use it on everything. It's weird because it doesn't taste like it smells. I has a strong oregano smell but when you cook with it, it doesn't. The Dirt Man has a great product and great service.

I apologize if i offended. I did not mean it to come off that was it was just a comparison, I am not a big fan of spices that have that look for some reason and was just wondering. i did not mean it wasn't a good product in way. Just curious what all spices were in there.

Tuck

I suspect Todd will tell you exactly what's in there, BBQW ... "a secret blend of herbs and spices" :)

Wow, I come back from a Camping vacation and we are talking about Dirt. I love it. Larry I appreciate you saying the nice words and defending me. Tuck, I do not take any offense to it. If you really look at it, it looks like something you smoke. I am sure Bo and Skidder will tell you it does become very addicting. I believe I have come out with a truely fantastic product, and there is nothing else like it on the market. I expected it, and do get this reaction all the time. I have tried some of the products that people discuss, and because of that I have found some great rubs out there. I am a HUGE fan of the other Todd's Plowboys. I have promised to not promote my product on this site. I will only say that if you have not tried it , I promise you will not be dissapointed. All of you who are behind it, I really appreciate all the support. I love this site!!!!

I have a new Dirt called Bayou that will be out in the next couple of weeks, that I think most of you will really enjoy.
Todd
"The Dirt Man"

Todd
"The Dirt Man"

There are 14 spices that are in the DIRT. There's Oregeno, Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, Kosher salt, two kinds of pepper, Calantro, garlic and others. There is NO MSG and its gluten free. It took 15 years to develop this product.

I do ship overseas.
Todd

Todd is a good member of this forum. And I believe it's extremely rude to compare his product to grass clippings. It's one thing to question what is in it. It's another to make the comment you did.

This is not what we are about here.

the dude named his product "dirt" i think the op is ok here.

If you really look at it, it looks like something you smoke.

Wow, man, have you ever done that, dood??? :p Trippy!

Thanks for the no MSG and no gluten approach! It is rare in the BBQ community to find awareness of people's allergies (and 1 in 4 is gluten sensitive, whether they know it or not). My wife is gluten sensitive, and I am MSG sensitive, which leads us to make a lot of our own foods just because we hate to feel achy and rundown the next day after eating someone else's tenderized (MSG) or gluten-containing food.

I'll support anyone who has that kind of awareness. Got to try your product now.

I like Dirt on pork chops and chicken on the grill. I also tried the Crabby Dirt on some grilled scallops the other day and it was very good.

Dirt goes great with almost all vegetables. I especially like it on buttered corn. I also use it on most potato dishes. Last weekend I even added some Dirt to pizza dough with great success.

For meats I usually use Dirt in conjunction with other seasonings. For example, Dirt and Montreal Steak seasoning can really make a rib roast sing.

I don't endorse anything I don't fee deserves it but the Dirt is good I only wish it was my idea. Hell if YOU don't like it I'll buy it back from ya.

Todd's Dirt is some really great stuff. I use it on chicken and burgers. It has a nice "herby?" flavor is the only way I can describe it. It's different but it a good way and I really like it when I grill chicken or cornish hens. Buy it you won't regret it plus you will be supporting a brethren!

Sounds like a wonderful combination of spices....I will be in touch to oder and try some of your product...15 years to develope....I'm sure it'll be good!

Firecrackerjack

There are 14 spices that are in the DIRT. There's Oregeno, Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, Kosher salt, two kinds of pepper, Calantro, garlic and others. There is NO MSG and its gluten free. It took 15 years to develop this product.

I do ship overseas.
Todd

I saw Desert Dwellers thread a couple of weeks ago about Todd's Dirt and briskets and what a bark it puts on them...I had to try it myself.
So I ordered some, got it in about 3 days so I did a brisket and turned out great...so I was doing a party for my Bro-in-Law the weekend before last and did one brisket up with some Dirt and it was a big hit...In fact, I wanted to get some but it was all gone by the time I made it through the line...glad I snuck some when slicing it:mrgreen:

So here's the dirt on The DIRT... It's damn good chit!

EDIT...for this picture...
IMG_1185.jpg

Back