Ground Hog BBQ Cookoff, February 7 2009 Palm Desert, CA.

Bentley

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
The Ground Hog Chili & BBQ Cookoff will return again this year on Saturday, February 7 2009 in Palm Desert, CA.

Who is in?

Any Brethren who are cooking wanna have a side bet, ehh, ehh...Needs to something intresting, nothing Vulgar like money! Maybe the losers have to pony up funds for a Brethren Banner for the winner?

Any takers? Anyone wanna come be my gofor?

Last edited:
I'm in for a side bet. Anyone else?

I knew I could count on someone! Cooking buy myself, probably not the best time to make bets! Ja,Ja,Ja

I am very interested in this contest. Are there any other categories besides ground hog? Are the ground hogs provided or do you have to bring your own? I can bring extras if you need them as I have several living under the sheds in my back yard. I hope this isn't a KCBS contest because I usually parboil them for a while before I throw them on the smoker. Let me know.

Lager,

Juggy

There's always one...

Anyway, Bentley I don't think there are any other brethren teams signed up besides yours mine and Thom's.

Update of teams participating...

"2009 BARBEQUE Booth Signups, up to 20 Booths Total"

* Booth #1...Road Kill BBQ Team
* Booth #2...Kyle Emery
* Booth #3...Thom Emery
* Booth #4...Smokin Yankees BBQ
* Booth #5...Here's the Rub
* Booth #6...Burnt by the Best
* Booth #7...Tex A Que
* Booth #8...When Pigs Fly BBQ
* Booth #9...FunTime BBQ
* Booth #10..Four-Q BBQ

Where's Notley Que, 7 Kinds of Smoke, Slap your Daddy, Smokin Steve's and All Hogs Go to Heaven? All five were there last year.

And where in the world is Herschel?

Bent, I'm sorry but the mods are going to have to move this thread to a more appropriate area...

I dont know...Well, lets think about it for a few weeks and discuss then! Maybe there will be some others by then, if not is mano e mano!

Any brethren want to weigh-in with what the theme of our pot luck is going to be?

I am bringing Chips and Salsa So whatever you want :)
LOL I know what I am bringing

WE decided to do The REEL Recipe Potluck. Bring a dish inspired by a movie. Should be interesting.

WE who Paleface? I am just gonna bring some food, wont be based on a movie!

Salami, Cheddar cheese and crackers....all inspired by the Battle of Hoth in Empire Strikes Back.

There is my potluck entry.

Notley Ques app went in just last week. We will be there.

Im in on the side bet. What is it gonna be. Overall, 1 meat.

The contest is 3 weeks form today. Teams entered:
Booth #1...Road Kill BBQ Team
Booth #2...Kyle Emery
Booth #3...Thom Emery
Booth #4...Smokin Yankees BBQ
Booth #5...Here's the Rub
Booth #6...Burnt by the Best
Booth #7...Tex A Que
Booth #8...When Pigs Fly BBQ
Booth #9...FunTime BBQ
Booth #10..Four-Q BBQ
Booth #11..Rusty Barrell BBQ
Booth #12..Rib Tickler BBQ
Booth #13..The BBQ Train
Booth #14..John Bracamonte
Booth #15..Notley Que BBQ
Booth #16..Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ

Brethren in Red are game for sidebet. I do not think any of the other teams besides Thom are Brethren & I guess he is doing side beth with Kyle. The contest says they only have room for 20 BBQ teams, so 4 more is max anyway.

Should the 3 of us wait till 1-30-09 and see if any other brethren teams sign up? I dont think there are any others...:eusa_clap We can think about what the bet should be...The two losers spilt the cost? What say ye?

1 Meat
Brisket
Highest place wins
Two losers split the cost of dinner (anything but bbq) for the winner before the ride home.

How's that sound?

1 Meat
Brisket
Highest place wins
Two losers split the cost of dinner (anything but bbq) for the winner before the ride home.

How's that sound?

1 meat is for Panseys. Total score...the rest of the team my be coming now and they do not hang after contests. Will know in a week, have some alternet plans or I can bow out.

1 meat is for Panseys. Total score...the rest of the team my be coming now and they do not hang after contests. Will know in a week, have some alternet plans or I can bow out.

total score works for me as well.

Back