06/06/08 North Star BBQ & Blues Fest( DeForest, WI)

P

Papa Hogg

06/06/08North Star BBQ & Blues Fest DeForest, WI

This is near Madison & it's great the we don't have to wait until August or September for our first contest...I've already sent in my registration & hope to see some more Brethren there!

I also spoke with Marsha from the Zoo-B-Que & it looks like that contest is going to be the weekend 9/27 & 28

There is alot of contests on June 6&7 2008 I think I counted 14 so far and that is just the KCBS ones. Hope there is enough cooks to go around. this seems to be one of the most popular dates of the year.

Have fun in DeForest, I know Buzz will be there.

06/06/08North Star BBQ & Blues Fest DeForest, WI

This is near Madison & it's great the we don't have to wait until August or September for our first contest...I've already sent in my registration & hope to see some more Brethren there!

I also spoke with Marsha from the Zoo-B-Que & it looks like that contest is going to be the weekend 9/27 & 28

I am targeting that comp for my first attempt.I believe Jelly Roll BBQ team will be there also.Time to jump in the deep end!:eek:

Bummer, I was hoping for one of the weekends prior.
i cant make that one.

Racine and Menomonee (about 50 miles up the road), were back to back weekends last year. Both good contests.

Scottie

Racine and Menomonee (about 50 miles up the road), were back to back weekends last year. Both good contests.

Scottie

Looks like they will be back to back this year in reverse order...I'm planning on being at both.

Bummer, I was hoping for one of the weekends prior.
i cant make that one.

There is a competition in Westmont, IL (Chicago 'burbs) the weekend before if you want to make the drive up.

Thanks for the heads up on DeForest, Papa! I may just show up there. Ya never know!

There is a competition in Westmont, IL (Chicago 'burbs) the weekend before if you want to make the drive up.

Thanks for the heads up on DeForest, Papa! I may just show up there. Ya never know!

That would be great Ron...would love to see you again! I'm already working on Harbormaster & I think we need to contact The Pimp!

Ron, Westmont is 2 weeks before, the 24th and 25th....and how come you didn't make the TC class?
Dan

Woodridge? Now you're talking my parts of town. You coming to the Westmont comp? Make sure you stop by.

Scottie

I am sure they will all be great contests to attend. I would like to attend some events in Wi this year. That darn September is a hard month to have any free weekends to run to contests. To many paying Q jobs in the month.

That would be great Ron...would love to see you again! I'm already working on Harbormaster & I think we need to contact The Pimp!
That darn Harbormaster sure is getting to be in demand.LOL

Ron, Westmont is 2 weeks before, the 24th and 25th....and how come you didn't make the TC class?
Dan

Oops... I guess i should invest in a calendar :-D

I ended up in Toronto last week and didn't make it home in time for the class. I really wanted to be there, too.

Back