First Year Contest: Missouri State Fair

G

Greatgrills

Anyone that is in the area and does not have anything planned should try to go to this contest...It is a first year...They have had a bardyard for years but they are trying to do a full KCBS contest...We would love to do it but we have already entered another contest(before we knew this would be a KCBS event)...Come on MOFO's support your area...The person running the contest has done one before and knows what needs to be done...So it will be a well run contest. Good luck to all:p

The 2007 Missouri State Fair’s “Show Me the Que” contest, a KCBS event sponsored by Gates Bar-B-Q, is scheduled for August 17 and 18 on the Missouri State Fairgrounds.
Chris Koetting, Missouri State Fair Barbecue Contest Superintendent, reported that up to 49 teams of barbeque enthusiasts from Missouri and surrounding states will show off their skills in 4 categories: chicken, pork ribs, pork, and beef brisket, with the chance to win $1,750 and an invitation to the American Royal Barbeque Contest.
“Show Me the Que” barbeque contest is different than the Fair’s past contest, the “Backyard Chef Barbeque Contest”. Koetting said, “This year’s event offers more categories. The 2-day event will also give contestants more time to prepare their meat before cooking it.”
Koetting added that a KCBS sanctioned event assures contestants and sponsors that the rules and regulations will be officiated fairly. KCBS views barbeque as a culinary technique, sport and art form. For a complete list of rules, judging procedures, and entry forms, please visit www.mostatefair.com.

Would if we weren't already going to be in Pacific.

Also, if you know anyone connected to it, there's absolutely no information about the competition that I could find on the site. That'll make it tough for people with any interest to find out some helpful info.

I noticed the same thing. I thought the entry deadline was August 1st. I have a wedding to cater Saturday, so can't go. Went to look up info for the heck of it, couldn't find any. Are they having trouble filling?

Heard that Bill "Blues Hog" Arnold won the first KCBS sanctioned Missouri State Fair contest.

Back