Marshalltown turn-ins

smknwhlswife

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Here are our turn-ins for Marshalltown. Brisket-6th Place, Pork-6th place & Ribs-12th place.......sorry did not get a pic of chicken.

brisket.JPG

pork.JPG

ribs.JPG

Iron Skillet Contest

Smoke on Wheels was chosen to take part in the Iron Skillet Contest.
6 teams, 3 ingredients, 2 hours to cook.

Country Style Boneless Ribs, 2 Anaheim Chilies, and Blueberries were the ingredients.
iron skillet1.JPG

Here is what Andy came up with: pulled pork stuffed smoked chilies with blueberry sauce......we also turned in 6 cups of Blueberry Shortcake around the plater.
iron skillet2.JPG

We Won!!!! Merl & Andy
iron skillet3.JPG

Andy & I..... soaking wet!
iron skillet4.JPG

Wow, sounds like everybody had a lot of fun for sure. The stuffed porkchops sound really different for sure.
Thanks for the photos as well.

Nice work on the Iron Skillet Andy and Kim. And thank for the pics. Those look great!.

Good looking entries.

Great Job and congrats on the Iron Skillet title!

TIM

Nice work on the Iron Skillet Andy and Kim. And thank for the pics. Those look great!.
Crossing threads here... but since kim posted the pics - you see what I mean on the pork slices? No need to hide them behind the pulled pork... show them off :wink: Cuz your slices were purty.

Andy, what what temp do you pull your butt off to get it to slice that nicely? And how sharp is that knife? Would/could an electric knife cut that good?

Loved those boxes. I liked the Brisket one best. It looked real nice. Congrats!

Hey Andy... why did ya hide the left ends of all your slices with burnt ends?

EDIT: Oops! Meant the RIGHT end.

Last edited:
Andy, what what temp do you pull your butt off to get it to slice that nicely? And how sharp is that knife? Would/could an electric knife cut that good?

I pull one butt between 180/190 - give it the push test.... if it is still too tough... let it ride and pay attention to it.... just dont let it break over to pullin' temp. At 195-200 that butt will pull and you'll never have a shot at slices again.

And if you wrap, open the foil...

I have steered away from electric knives, since they leave a gritty surface on the slices. I have a 12" chef's knife, but what would be ideal is a granton blade Forchner carving knife like mokan has.....blade envy mod:oops:

Back