• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Digital Thermometers

Leadog

Found some matches.
Reaction score
My Weber digital thermometer died. Looking for a new one. I'd like one with a base unit and probe that sends alert to portable receiver. I'd like to to have two probes and be able to be left in my smoker. I've looked at Williams Sonoma and Weber and haven't found the right one yet. I'd appreciate some input, recommendations, and why you like the one you have.

Thanks

Leadog

WSM 22.5
Santa Maria Grill
BBQ Galore Grand Turbo
WS Jr.

Maverick ET-733, just take care when cleaning the probes.

Remington...it's an ET-732 but 10 dollars cheaper.

This, the 733 doesn't bring enough to the party to justify the ~80% higher price over the Remington 732. Having a down button for temps and some preset game alarms just isn't worth it IMHO.

The Maverick's are like the only deal in town and in my opinion cheap Chinese cr&p. I go through them like Reese's Peanut Butter cups... They work for awhile and then get erratic to the point I can't trust them. iGrill has some stuff but (as far as I know) not bot the pit and meat together in a wireless deal. iGrill is Bluetooth and there is an iPhone app.

My et73 works well after 4 years. Still using the original set of probes.

No issues with my two 732s (after many cooks), but there is a reason I have two. I always feel like something bad might happen. Too many folks have had reliability issues. As for the probes, you do need to baby them a little. When those new waterproof ones come out in 6' I will definitely look at those.

maverick around here, I go through a few...so I just cook by the guru in one or two of my meats at a time..they just dont hold up..however mostly my fault, pinched cables, dropped in water, left in rain, if I treated them better they might last a little longer...even the guru I go through a couple probes a year, so once you decide on a brand, stick with it so you have spare parts..

I Grill, Get the Ambient pit probe and ya also get 2 Meat probes. Like it so far and yes Bluetooth for the I Phone.

I've had an ET-732 for a couple years with no issues still using with the original probes.

Care when using, cleaning, and storage do make a great difference in the life of the unit.

I like the ET-733 because the display is slightly larger and gives you added information like high and low settings, and it has customizable presets for your meats.

Although I use a BBQ Guru, it is nice to get an alarm, or just to glance from the recliner to view status of the cooker and the meat without loading an app on my smartphone.

After many years of watching a pit, going out every hour or so to see how things are going. These were great times when I was younger and I actually enjoyed it.

Now that age has seemed to win the battle with me, I enjoy the new armchair / couch potato approach to BBQ Smoking. It is great to get much more sleep and have some peace of mind without having to go up and down the steps to check things out.

I know they're expensive but I love my Thermoworks TW8060 with the high temp kit. No wireless on it though.

I've had an ET-732 for a couple years.
Now that age has seemed to win the battle with me, I enjoy the new armchair / couch potato approach to BBQ Smoking. It is great to get much more sleep and have some peace of mind without having to go up and down the steps to check things out.

+1 Could not have put it better. Love my ET-732. It tells me more than I need to know about what is going on in my UDS from the comfort of my oversized recliner. ZZZZZZZ!!

Blessings,
Omar

Back