ABT question?

Just depends on how you like the pepper. If you like the pepper soft you will need to grill on top rack with lower flame as to not char the bacon before pepper is done. The great thing about them is you really cant mess them up in my book.. good luck.

Indirect heat is better on the gasser, imho. Drippings from the bacon and an open flame will not be nice to the ABTs.

You can even do them in the oven if ya want to. Here's another twist. Put them in a disposable aluminum pan and sprinkle on some brown sugar after you dusted them with your rub. Yummmmmmmmmmm!!

Thanks fellas,I took it easy tonight with putting a pork butt in a crock pot(I know it's a sin,lol) but I have about 40 burgers,60wings,30 dogs and 30 ABT's ready to grill :cool:.Ima add some apple wood to the fire just to give em that real BBQ smoke,lol.

Thanks for all the help y'all...........HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!

I made these ABT's yesterday for the 4th and they were great,only problem was my uncle ate the whole farking pan,lol.I made about 30 of them and every body tryed one so that left about 25,next thing I know the pan is empty and he's crying how his mouth is on fire,lol............Guess I need to make more next time,lol.

But on a different note,I did have a little bit of a problem with the cheese melting all over the grill.Could I just double wrap them with bacon??

Indirect heat is better on the gasser, imho. Drippings from the bacon and an open flame will not be nice to the ABTs.

^^^This. You'll get a grease fire in no time if you grill direct, and you ABT's will look and taste like chit.

I made these ABT's yesterday for the 4th and they were great,only problem was my uncle ate the whole farking pan,lol.I made about 30 of them and every body tryed one so that left about 25,next thing I know the pan is empty and he's crying how his mouth is on fire,lol............Guess I need to make more next time,lol.

But on a different note,I did have a little bit of a problem with the cheese melting all over the grill.Could I just double wrap them with bacon??

No, that would be too much bacon. :wink:

Back