UDS Easter High Heat Brisket

smokemaster1

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do HH brisket cook using the Tri-Level recipe from Pitmaster T.
Choice brisket, trimmed, seasoned with Butt Glitter and Lawry Seasoned salt. In the fridge overnight and the next day seasoned with Lemon pepper and Dalmatian rub. 4 chunks of hickory. UDS temp 300-360. No foiling or paper until done. Cooked until probed like butter around 203 internal. Wrapped in parchment for 2hrs. Slice and served.
Great recipe. The bark was too salty. I guess I used too much Dalmatian. Eventhough, everyone loved it. Great recipe!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, if the bark was salty it may be due to the Lawrys. I noticed that you dont need to be libereal with it as it contains a ton of salt. Also, if any of your other rubs have salt in them, mixing with Lawrys is asking for trouble. That being said, i'll have a few slices of the leftovers!

Too salty? Lol, you coated it with 3 rubs which all contain salt. I have tried the tri level dirt dalmatian also and thought it was too salt for My tastes and test rats i invited over. remember when donnie cooks his on his big pit, the briskets get flopped around, dripped on each other etc so alot of the seasoning comes off. On the UDS it just sits there and never looses seasoning so ya gotta go alot lighter. Next time try it just like this and I guarantee you will be happy. Less is more on brisket. Good lookin briskie!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmTzdMHu5KU&sns=em"]BBQ with Franklin: The Brisket - YouTube[/ame]

I have been too chicken to try H&F. How many pounds was it and how long did it take. I'm afraid I would start in the morning and it wouldn't be done in time for supper.

It was 9 lbs and took almost 6 hrs in the UDS, then 2 hrs resting. That's plenty of time for dinner. Started mine at 9 in the morning.
High Heat/Hot & Fast is the only way to go!

Looks great, how was it?

Dave
It was great! Very tender. Next time I'll cut WAY back on the salt.

Too salty? Lol, you coated it with 3 rubs which all contain salt. I have tried the tri level dirt dalmatian also and thought it was too salt for My tastes and test rats i invited over. remember when donnie cooks his on his big pit, the briskets get flopped around, dripped on each other etc so alot of the seasoning comes off. On the UDS it just sits there and never looses seasoning so ya gotta go alot lighter. Next time try it just like this and I guarantee you will be happy. Less is more on brisket. Good lookin briskie!
That is so true! I scratched off most of the bark. It was a great piece of meat!!

Back