Rechargeable batteries for maverick

midwestsmokeboy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Thinking about purchasing a et732 maverick. Just wondering if you can use rechargeable batteries in the device. I know some manufacturers don't recommend using them

No idea. I've had mine on for over 32 hrs (based on the # of cooks I have done with it) I think it's pretty efficient. I wouldn't let the fact, if you find out it doesn't take rechargeable batteries deter you from buying one

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I've had mine since this past Christmas and have probably used it an average of three times a week and it still has the batteries it came with. I wouldn.t worry about rechargable ones.

I don't remember seeing anything in the manual about not using rechargables.

I've used my Maverick for almost year on weekly slow and low butts, ribs, briskets, etc and just finally changed the original set. They weren't even showing signs of needing it, either.

I just changed them to be proactive for the next brisket cook.

Battery usage expense is a non-issue.

Buy a small pack of Duracells and be done with it.

Save the rechargeable batteries for your home theater remotes.

Thanks for the input. I've always heard that chragers sometimes over charge and it messes up the sensitive circuitry.

You people have had better luck than i have with batteries. With mine, the range diminishes with older batteries. After a while, it will work fine upstairs, but not in the half basement. I would probably buy one but skip the rechargeable batteries. YMMV.

Back