Holding Ribs in Cambro?

eggzlot

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Was toying with the idea of doing ribs for our Superbowl party. Problem is, we are serving dinner at halftime, and if I am doing ribs, I'd likely be outside by the smoker for most of the first half of the game (foil/unfoil, glazing, etc), therefore missing the game and not socializing with some guests at our house.

Could I make ribs in advance and hold them in my cambro for say 90 minutes? I figure if I can get the ribs done by game time, Halftime is like 90 minutes away.

Would I cook to finish, let stand for a few minutes, then wrap and put in cambro, or just slightly undercook, foil, place in cambro assuming it will keep cooking in the cambro?

Cook to finish prior to kickk off. allow to rest for a few minutes, then into the Cambro.

Not sure how many racks your looking at but you may need to open the box every now and then to release the heat.

I've done this when they have cooked too fast at a competition, never any issues. My guess is, your guests will be well into the game refreshments and will proclaim them the best ribs ever!

Good luck.

Last edited:
Just put em on and dont foil or glaze and you can set it and forget it for at least 3 hrs :)

oddly enough, been cookin' ribs now for about 3 years, always foiled them. Wouldn't want to try something new when guests are coming over - I know, sounds strange, was just how I was shown and what I've done.

and I am assuming just like big meats, throw the ribs in a pan, foil the pan closed and into the cambro it goes?

Thanks again for the advice, this will make planning things a bit easier.

I have held them in foil, wrapped in towels in a normal cooler for 3-4 hrs and no one could tell a difference but I dont glaze my ribs, i just rub then let people add whatever bbq sauce they want, most dont :)

Back