• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Potential CL score...

Texas Turtle

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I have a WSM 18.5 that I bought for $100 on Craigslist a bit more than a year ago. I have been jonesing for a 22.5 but nobody lets these things go down here in BBQ country. Today a NIB 22.5 showed up on CL for $260 and I am torn as to whether I shoudl go after it and then list the 18 to try to recoup some of the cost. Is $260 for a NIB 22.5 a score? I probably don't have more than one day to make up my mind.

Really, you ask that question to a bunch of Smoker addicts on here? Move it, Mister and pick up that WSM.:doh:

3Ke3M43Jf5I45L75Eccbu09686791f71c1b8d.jpg

This is the photo in the listing, but it's probably just stock.

Yes that looks like a stock pic from weber's site...but if the deal is real..you need to jump on it and save yourself some cash.

Make sure it's not damaged like out of round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep thats a deal! I just bought one from Lowes and the best price I could get even with a customer appreciation discount was $379!

I made an offer of $250, no reply so far. He also has an 18.5 NIB listed for $200, but I already have one of those.

Just like others told me when I was on the fence about buying my Performer, BUY IT. DONT THINK :)

Double check everything, but if it's real...go for it! You will not be disappointed!

He jumped on the $250 so we are getting together tomorrow to make the swap. I told him I wanted to see it out of the box and assembled in order to make sure it wasn't damaged and he said no problem. Don't know how he came by the things, but he has all sorts of stuff listed, from guitars and amps to Weber stuff to business equipment. Now I have to break it to my wife. Wonder how much I can get form my 18 with new grates and a freshly installed probe grommet.

Hopefully, we'll find out what he's got going on this afternoon, when I am supposed to go by and pick the thing up. Unfortunately, my wife says she is going to wrap the thing and put it next to the Christmas tree for me to open on Christmas morning since I always maintain I don't want any gifts. So it might not get used until New Year's day for the traditional pork loin and football game orgy. When I said I would sell the 18.5 to recoup some of the cost, she said I didn't need to, so I am now about to be up to five cookers on the patio, with the offset, two WSMs, barrel grill and steak cooker.

Back