Brisket Money Muscle?

QTEX

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Have heard a couple of comments about the "Money Muscle" on a brisket but have not seen or heard anything like that online or locally with other cook friends. Anybody know what that pat of the brisket is? Not referring to the pork butt, talking brisket here.
tnx

The only part I could imagine being the money muscle would be the part of the flat that is sitting right on top of the point.

considering there are only 2 muscles in a brisket, I really doubt that there is a money muscle. unless you are really happy with your burnt ends...maybe that could be the money muscle.

The only part I could imagine being the money muscle would be the part of the flat that is sitting right on top of the point.

If someone new where the money spot in the brisket is, it's Michael. He can cook a seriously good brisket.

I have heard of the money area of a brisket(perfect slice area) but I have never heard of a brisket money muscle....But the way my scores were in brisket this year maybe I should try to find one.:wink:

Have heard a couple of comments about the "Money Muscle" on a brisket but have not seen or heard anything like that online or locally with other cook friends. Anybody know what that pat of the brisket is? Not referring to the pork butt, talking brisket here.
tnx

Somebody sent you on a snipe hunt there brother!

Brisket is all money muscle.

2012 NEBS TOY Brisket

I have a 14 lb packer and need to split it for two different cooks....any ideas?

You can cut the point and flat apart easily, some people do that for comp cooking anyway. The problem is they are different, so your cooks will have different characteristics.

Are these competition cooks, or just for friends? Just for friends, I would cook it all at once, and reheat the leftovers.

For comps, you really ought to just get 2 briskets, but otherwise you have to cut the flat and point and cook either one. I doubt cutting it lengthwise to include both muscles would work well.

Back