WORLD'S Largest Pulled Pork Sandwich

Smoke'n Ice

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am currently involved, in my capacity as the Texas rep of the "Garland Jack's Secret Six" BBQ sauce, in the "World's Largest Pulled Pork Sandwich".

This event will take place in Garland, TX (where else for the LARGEST but little ole TEXAS) on Nov. 19th. There is speculation that it will take at least 1,000 (one thousand) pounds of pulled pork to set the Guiness record. That means that at least 2,000 (two thousand) pounds of pork butt will have to be cooked and pulled. I would venture to say that it is an understatment that some help would be necessary. I can supply the raw pork, wood, pellets, rub, beer, etc. if you would like to be a part of HISTORY. I do believe that we are in need of eaters as well. A few cheerleaders, hanger-ons and nere-do-well would be appreciated.

Please pm me if you want to be a part of this event and we can negotiate from there. We may have a bakery to do the bun, am picking up a "small" (3 foot) example next Tuesday.

Guiness folk, local and national media are involved.

Wow, two weeks after the Midwest Bash!

If only I could afford to go :rolleyes:....

Good luck with it Mac. And don't get a tummy ache eating all that pulled pork! Post pics!!!

I am currently involved, in my capacity as the Texas rep of the "Garland Jack's Secret Six" BBQ sauce, in the "World's Largest Pulled Pork Sandwich".

This event will take place in Garland, TX (where else for the LARGEST but little ole TEXAS) on Nov. 19th. There is speculation that it will take at least 1,000 (one thousand) pounds of pulled pork to set the Guiness record. That means that at least 2,000 (two thousand) pounds of pork butt will have to be cooked and pulled. I would venture to say that it is an understatment that some help would be necessary. I can supply the raw pork, wood, pellets, rub, beer, etc. if you would like to be a part of HISTORY. I do believe that we are in need of eaters as well. A few cheerleaders, hanger-ons and nere-do-well would be appreciated.

Please pm me if you want to be a part of this event and we can negotiate from there. We may have a bakery to do the bun, am picking up a "small" (3 foot) example next Tuesday.

Guiness folk, local and national media are involved.

I thought this sounded familiar, some buddies and I were talking about this kinda thing a few weeks ago, we came across this on ireport from 2010:

New Bern, North Carolina residents attempted to top the record for "World's Largest Open Sandwich on a Barbecue Bun" with a pulled pork extravaganza measuring 93.5 feet by 8.75 inches, weighing 1,337 pounds - enough to reportedly feed 2000 people.
And yes, it was served with slaw. They're not savages, people!

Good luck ya'll, wish I could be there. Looks like an all out war between the BBQ Meccas :)

Is this still happening? Would love to get involved.

Tested the buns and it takes about 5 pounds of meat to fill a hogie style roll 3 feet by 5 inches. this equates to about 250 of the rolls, 1000 pounds of cooked and pulled pork (gotta start with 2000 because of yield), a bunch of sauce (25 gallons), rub (50 pounds) and 180 square feet of space for the sam'ich. Gotta do it all in a servsafe manner and there in lies the rub. Need a big !ss cooker or a whole lot of small ones. Aint logistics wonderful?

Attachments

• PB010024[1].JPG
    PB010024[1].JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Have you figured out the cooker situation?

I can do a couple of butts on my WSM. I don't have anything scheduled for that day. That leaves you about 1,980 pounds short. What are the plans? You're running out of time.

CD

Very cool! I can help with smoking the pork. Just let me know.

We are in need of cookers and smokers to accomplish this task. If you can assist in this, please contact Jamie Staub, the project coordinator, via email (jamie at mmacreative dot com) to negeoiated your involvment. The larger the smoker the better, and if you can cook all 2,000 pounds at once, then we want you. We are going for the record and any and all who are involved will be listed.

Try going out to Texas Pitmaster Facebook page and post your request. It's a open FB page and mainly Texas cookers. I bet you will get a lot more help.

Tried the texas pitmaster on facebook and it does not come up. Help!!

At the top of FB in the search bar just start typing Texas Pitmasters and it should show show up. There currenlty are 349 members... Darwin who is a member here on BBQ Brethren is the admin for Texas Pitmaster FB

Hey guys I sent a message to Darwin Hoel to get some help on getting you guys on the Texas Pitmaster FB page. I will see if you reponds quickly if not I can give him a call.

Not sure why you guys cannot find it.

Back