BBQ Brethren "Brisket Appreciation" Throwdown!

I left y'all hanging at the prep here. I set up the Cajun Queen myself which was a first, and how fitting since this was also my first brisket. It was an untraditional one too and turned out great. Here's the cook.
First I strained the marinade since it had sesame seeds in it. Then injected, woo, that was fun! Very different from injecting turkey legs, I got squrited big time...

injecting.jpg

Rubbed with more Texas Wild then onto the Cajun Queen...and after a few hours it's looking good - yep, that's Guerry's point on there too, we did ours at the same time with very different marinades/flavors
afewhoursintothecook.jpg

It was placed in a foil pan with the marinade after about 2 1/2 hours then back on for several more hours - total cook was about 5 1/2 hours. Pulled and let it rest for about an hour, here's what it looked like...mmm, that smell!
Readytoslice.jpg

Then sliced, wow, look at that smoke ring! And it was soooo moist!
sliced-10.jpg

Drizzled with the marinade which turned into a very rich spicy/sweet sauce. Very different from anything I've tasted, the bourbon and coffed really compliment each other.
slicedanddrizzledwithpandrippings.jpg

And finally plated. Had some sweet taters that were grilled on the Cajun Queen while the brisket was resting, I sprinkled it with SM Sweet Seduction and drizzled some of the brisket sauce on it - yum. Sauteed up some bok choy with fresh garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper and toasted sesame oil.
plated-4.jpg

So, now I'm sitting here wondering how on earth can anyone NOT love brisket:confused:! Just saying. Thanks for looking.

I got a little peek at the point in one of the pics. I know YOU haven't posted yet, but Michele gave a preview.

I can't wait to see what Guerry's gonna do with his point, he won't let me peek!:shock:

That be lookin' fine there Redhot! That drizzle shot:thumb:

Brisket to knock the rust off

I havent done a throwdown in a while and I have missed the heck out of you guys. Amber and I have two weeks til the baby is due so I am burning off some energy til then. It's GREAT to be back.....Alan

Last edited:
Great entries so far, gang!

here is my attempt at brisket love :)

Bold Brisket Hash...

We took cubed up brisket to my BIL's house on Saturday for their annual Luau and we saved some of the brisket cubes for us during the week. We decided to have breakfast for dinner tonight and settled on brisket hash and eggs.

For the hash I sauted onions, mushrooms, red and green bell peppers, Yukon Gold potatoes and chopped garlic until the potatoes were starting to soften. Then I added the brisket cubes, some Dijon mustard, beef stock and Plowboy's Bovine Bold rub. I let it all cook on the stovetop until the liquid was absorbed and the bottom was getting crusty and then stuck it in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes until the top had crusted.

PB030215.JPG

While that was resting I fried a couple of eggs...

PB030217.JPG

Then I plated the hash and put the eggs on top...

PB030218.JPG

PB030221.JPG

Please use this picture, Chris.

Oooo, gotta love brisket hash, and eggs always gets extra points

Oh my!:shock: Folks better be on their best game for this one it looks like!:thumb:

Well, I guess Alan is back in the lead for me then. Fancy plated meals need the fork. Maybe Gore, as Master Forker, can step in and exempt you from the forking requirement.

Oooo, great job Alan and Ron! Welcome back Alan. We've missed you. Hope Amber can pop in -- I know she's otherwise busy, but she always does something mouthwatering and creative.

It's going to be a tough vote this week. I've got a few slots in the Zero's Club reserved for some trash talkers over in Wood Pile. Wonder if they're going to be too scared to show their faces here. :becky:

Back