Official Brisket Please Help First Brisket What Went Wrong why does my Brisket Suck Thread

Dat's sum list you got there. Lots & Lots of work you did for those of us dat's toooo lazy to look for dem. A very big thanks!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I really just want us to "go on" from here. LOL

Its time to hone our 25 Pound Shoulder Skills

Great research!

I'll never forget my first brisket when I was neophyte Q'r. I cooked it on a direct heat gassor. I didn't know anything about offset heat and smoking. When I pulled it off the grill, the thing was a lump of char that we could barely get enough eatable meat from to feed 4. My wifey and I were newlyweds and we were entertaining her folks. Good thing they all had a great since of humor.
:redface:

But the experience did help me justify buying my offset smoker several years later. :becky:

I can't thank you enough for this! This will undoubtedly save me from asking a lot of dumb questions when I do my first flat in a couple months.
Thank You!!!!

I did the NIGHT TRAIN EXPERIMENT the last two weekends. It turned out great. Now I can work on the rub although I believe simpler is better. Thank you Uncle Funk, for shining a light into the darkness to show the path.

Wow!:shock: This is awesome!:cool: A one stop thread for anything and everything brisket!:clap:

This must have taken quite a bit of time to research and put this together. Fantastic work!:bow:

Outstanding.jpg

Amazing post. It's really cool to see that just a few short years ago Bigmista was asking some of the same questions that I am asking now!

Wow this is a lot of help. Good stuff to read while I'm watching meat cook (once I finish reading the UDS thread and get that thing built). Gracias!

Oh wow, I am extremely excited to have found this...I've done several briskets before with a pretty good success rate, this can only help my consistency. And the timing is perfect, cooking about 60 lbs of brisket this weekend for a wedding.

Total bummer that I'm going to be stuck out here for the weekend cooking, total bummer indeed...

Back