Hot & Fast 15.5lb Brisket (PRON added)

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Picked up a 15.5lb choice brisket for $1.47/lb since my FIL is in town. Fired up the Spicewine this morning and threw on the heavily trimmed brisket. I think I trimmed about 3.5lbs of fat off. Injected and rubbed with John Henry's Brisket Rub. Brisket on at 9:50am 285 degrees at the grate. Hickory and pecan chunks. At the 3 hour point brisket is at 168 internal. I'll wrap in foil in the next 15 minutes.

Injected and rubbed.
DSCN5111.jpg

172 internal about to be wrapped.

DSCN5112.jpg

And a bonus. Wings raised direct from 2 nights ago. Went well with the crawfish boil. FIL came in from Gulfport, MS with a cooler full of crawfish. Wings were dusted with Yardbird and the kids loved them.
DSCN5037.jpg

Last edited:
John Henry was brisket injecting man, born with an injection needle in his hands!

Added some pics above.

Currrently at 193 internal. Almost ready for the cooler.

202 internal and into the cooler. Was like warm butter when probed.

This was one of my best briskets ever. I sliced it about 6PM and took it down the street to mhy SIL house. Here is the results..

Juices about to be seperated.
DSCN5124.jpg

Slice flat.
DSCN5125.jpg

Nice and flexible
DSCN5123.jpg

Point went back on the grate for a couple of hours at about 250ish. I chopped it when I got back home. Will make some killer sandwiches. I added a little of the juices after it was chopped.

Where's the money shot?????????:rolleyes:
How's that for a money shot?

See the time it rested in the cooler for me to swing by your place did good. I drank 2 beers while you added freon to my truck and cut down some angle iron into 8 pieces for me. Man I had a rough day...:cool:

Thanks again!

That is some good looking brisket. I'll have to try John Henry's new brisket mix.

Wow, good looking brisket there Thillin. You kept the point for yourself? Hmmm...at my brother's house there would be questions about that move.:p

... You kept the point for yourself? Hmmm.....

Unfurtuinately not.:tsk: My FIL is in town all week and I'll be too busy working to cook anymore. He'll probably eat more of it than me.:shocked:

BTW. My injection base was a can of beef broth and no other liquids. Yet there was over 2 cups of liquid in the pan when finished.

Back