Char siu pork

Thanks again for this thread Bob,
It's saved for future reference.:eusa_clap

I am gonna try to make it again soon, but, with some kind of rig to allow for a vertical cooking configuration.

I am gonna try to make it again soon, but, with some kind of rig to allow for a vertical cooking configuration.

Awesome!
Yesterday I saw Ribs Paradise on tv,there was a Taiwanese restaurant in NY (I think) that were cooking ribs vertical...it was on gas though.
In the Surinam kitchen we've got a lot of Chinese influence (I've got a quarter Chinese blood),here's a jar of Good Stuph!

IMG_0035-1.jpg

IMG_0037-1.jpg

219502083_d2956dcd51.jpg

Last pic isn't mine but that's to show how I'm used to eat it.

That looks good Phubar, I finally looked up Suriname, us old folks know it as French Guyana. I can see some Asian influences in your mom's cooking.

That looks good Phubar, I finally looked up Suriname, us old folks know it as French Guyana. I can see some Asian influences in your mom's cooking.

Yeah,French Guyana is next to Suriname.

You've seen sate/satay/sateh in my previous posts before that's the javanese influence cause a lot of Javanese people live in Surinam also.

Mom and I are happy to share recipes....ask Cowgirl.:wink:
I´m here bro´...
Thanks for digging up my good sauce!:-D

Love Char Sui with little success making it myself. I will have to give this recipe a whirl and taste it out. Great pictures as well.

This recipe is a winner!!

Thanks again for putting it up. As I mentioned earlier, i was anxious to give it a try. Unfortunately, i did not have the chance to marinate it for longer than 2 hours. i will be making this again, and giving it a much longer marinade to see how good it gets.

Anyhow, I used tenderloin, and the taste was definitely authentic despite the use of tenderloin and shorter soak time.

4149018648_c36d241f4e_o.jpg

Cooked at 400º on the raised grid on my Egg, and brushed with honey for the last few minutes on all sides. Done to an internal temp of 150º and rested for 15 minutes.

4148259909_373670bbb9_o.jpg

I'm going to make this until I get it perfect! I love it in noodle soup.

Mark

Wow, that was fast. And it looks terrific, better than mine, in fact...hmmmm...

Nutz, Did check out Landark's blog per your suggestion. An excellent presentation for the pork.

Bob, I will be visiting your blog. Well done.

Thanks everyone, and thanks for visiting the blog too. I am still impressed with how good that tenderloin looks.

Wow, that was fast. And it looks terrific, better than mine, in fact...hmmmm...

Hardly, but thanks. That's the thing about a great recipe...it's not easy to screw it up as long as you follow the instructions!

When I find a recipe that I want to try, if I don't do it right away I forget, and then lose track of it.

Mark

Bob, I would love to see more of your Granpa's recipes for meat, fish, what ever. I can only imagine how much it meant to you to grow up around his business and see all that good food. I love Chinese! Bring it on!

Well Tom, not my Grandpa, my SIL's grandpa. I will see what else I can dig up. Part of the problem is there are three versions in the family, the two sister's have their own versions, and the eldest son has his. I will get some more up.

Gotta love this site. Membership has its privilages! I had bought a tenderloin and was looking for a new marinade to try. Thanks Bob. I couldnt get to it this Monday so I'll freeze it and do it this wknd.

Bob, I stopped in a local Asian market today and bought some Shaohsing Rice Cooking Wine. Is this the right stuff?

I have been wanting to stop in this place for a long time and now I had a reason. Man that place is filled with all kinds of fascinating stuff!

Yep, that be the thing. It is distinct in flavor and is often the thing people miss in Chinese cooking.

I asked my Mom if she's familiair with char sui,she got a jar out of her cabinet and let me taste it,very good stuph!
Ate it in quite alot of dishes.
Gonna buy some after work.

Char%20Sui%20Sauce.JPG

Back