• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Plowkids & Dr BBQ at American Royal

Hey Todd! When you get home and have a chance can you let us know how Michael did with Dr. BBQ?

I started uploading pictures this morning. Look for something tonight when I get home. It was AMAZING!!!!! (Sorry to be such a tease)

I started uploading pictures this morning. Look for something tonight when I get home. It was AMAZING!!!!! (Sorry to be such a tease)

The kid is gonna show you up again, huh?:wink::mrgreen:

The kid is gonna show you up again, huh?:wink::mrgreen:

Quotes...

Ray: Hey Michael, you want a beer before we get started?
Michael: No thanks.
Ray: Mind if I have one?

Ray: How old do you think I am?
Michael: 61

It was priceless. And once I get settled I'll get to editing the video of his cook, plus the video of Todd's win, plus a bunch of interviews, dark side cam, etc.

It was priceless. And once I get settled I'll get to editing the video of his cook, plus the video of Todd's win, plus a bunch of interviews, dark side cam, etc.

I'll make sure you get some Ranch Style Beans in exchange for the raw footage:wink:

I think it Sunday morning, Michael and two other kids walked by Rays' spot and Michael said "I cooked there" to the other kids he was with, but the way he said it cracked me up. Kind of a command and concour tone.

I think it Sunday morning, Michael and two other kids walked by Rays' spot and Michael said "I cooked there" to the other kids he was with, but the way he said it cracked me up. Kind of a command and concour tone.

That's funny.

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj201/plowboysbbq/American Royal 2009/

Ray was so wonderful with Michael as you can see from the pics. Michael was very shy, which can be normal with people he doesn't know. But he warmed up a bit by the end. Though Ray was rushed to go to another commitment, he gave Michael full attention.

My wife was just telling me that he was so proud of that sandwich and cooking with Ray that he had to tell all of our friends that showed up that night for dinner. When we got back from awards, Michael brought his sandwich over to me. "Dad, since you won, you get to have my sandwich." That's love in a 5 year old package, my friends.

Ray, thank you so much for investing in my son the way you did.

Also, thank you to TheSlabs.com for providing the BBQ sauce.

americanroyal2009059.jpg

americanroyal2009061.jpg

americanroyal2009076.jpg

americanroyal2009089.jpg

americanroyal2009094.jpg

americanroyal2009097.jpg

americanroyal2009110.jpg

americanroyal2009105.jpg

americanroyal2009130.jpg

americanroyal2009137.jpg

americanroyal2009141.jpg

americanroyal2009146.jpg

americanroyal2009139640x480.jpg

That. Was. Awesome. A life event for a young man right there. Well done, Ray, well done.

Few, if any, of the crowned so-called "celebrity chefs" do enough of this kind of stuff, and sadly when they do, it has the feel of a put-on.

But to see these pics where someone as busy as Dr. BBQ, man even I can see the love...

You are a class act, Ray, a class act.

Sorry if I sound soft but watching the two of them interact is very touching. Michael will have these food and people memories forever. Well done all of you.

That is just lovely. What a wonderful memory he will have (and seriously how many of us would have loved that sammie!). Ray Rocks for being such a great guy.

Back