Looking For A Temp Cooking Chart

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I had a link at one time that I copied and pasted into a one page Doc that I printed out. Can't find the link and lost the print out. Looking for one that has all the different meats and the proper cook to Temps. Rare to Well done Etc... Poultry, Beef, Pork, Lamb Etc...

I did some searching but can't find a complete one. Probably using the wrong search term.

Here's one I use - from the USDA.

usda_recommended_temperatures.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I feel most of the temps on that USDA chart are a little high.

Really, what does our government know about good taste???

Howdy!
The USDA chart is fine, just take 15 degrees off everything ;-)

And add 15 degrees for dark meat chicken.

Happy cookin!
Chris

I happen to break the USDA rules in a couple of areas and always like to point this out whenever I list the finish temps that I use. My hamburger, steak and poultry breast readings are lower than the recommended. Okay, that said here is what I go by:

CUT -----------------APPROXIMATE INTERNAL TEMPERATURE
Brisket.......................... 185°-200°
Beef Roasts/Steaks ........120°-125° rare 125°-130° medium rare 140°-145° medium

Beef, ground .................150° - 160°
Bologna ........................140°
Chicken ................. 165°-180° thigh, 150° - 155° breast -(juices should run clear)

Turkey ...................165°-180° thigh, 155° - 165°breast - (juices should run clear)
Lamb..................................130°-145°
Pork Butt & Picnic................165°-180° for slicing 185°-200° for pulling
Pork Loin .............................145°-165°
Sausage, beef & pork (fresh) .....160°-170°

Sausage, chicken ................ 165° - 170°
Salmon...............................135°-150° (watch for the white albumin protein to rise to the surface, this is a signal that it is close to being done, and don't wait for it to flake or it may be over done by the time it is served.

Cooked a loin that I had curde w/Tenderquick and brown sugar for a week.

Brought it to 160.

Should'nt that be fully cooked?

No need to heat in sandwiches?

Thanks Dan

Thanks everyone! Got some good stuff to work with. I paste the info into Word and then laminate the papers. I can't remember Chit anymore.

I had a link at one time that I copied and pasted into a one page Doc that I printed out. Can't find the link and lost the print out. Looking for one that has all the different meats and the proper cook to Temps. Rare to Well done Etc... Poultry, Beef, Pork, Lamb Etc...

I did some searching but can't find a complete one. Probably using the wrong search term.

I got this from the USDA web site, I printed it and placed in my garage.

PDF File attached.

Last edited:
Back