Diners, Drive-ins and Dives

B

Barbarian

Just watched a triple D show and they showed a place in Omaha that I thought Roo-B=Q'N might have been to or be interested in. They had a segment on a place called Brewburgers.

They had a nice looking pastrami sammie that they showed part of the cook in a pellet popper smoker then finished in the oven and have added a tribute Squeeze-In burger to their menu after the owner ate at the Squeeze-In in Sacramento. Cool to see that cheeseburger going around the country.

Just wondering if Roo-B-Q'N has eaten there????

Just saw a commercial for the first time for Brewburgers yesterday. That sammie sounds good, might have to give it a whirl and report back.

My wifes cousin brought me a T shirt from Guy's place in Santa Rosa CA. Her cousin worked with him for years in the NorCal joint.

100_3202.jpg

100_3203.jpg

He even took time out of his busy schedule at the Jack for a group photo

SG103211.jpg

Guy and Smokin' Ty!

SG103207.jpg

I like the show

We stay at the hotel next to Brewburgers when in Omaha. Hardly ever any cars there.

He seems really down to earth. Maybe he'll be a guest judge in Sayville next year. That would be cool.

When triple D was here they highlighted three very unknown and unappealling places to eat. One was in an old school cafeteria, one is a hole in the wall across from the correction center, and Brewburgers. Who knows, they all might be great places, I just don't want to go around them alone or at night.
I haven't eaten at Brewburgers myself but from what I heard it was most unimpressive and expensive. They moved into what was a great steak house that couldn't make it in the location it is in, mostly because it is a pain in the arse to get to, and like Todd said, I have not seen alot of cars at the place.
Who knows, perhaps it is a future mini bash location.

When triple D was here they highlighted three very unknown and unappealling places to eat. One was in an old school cafeteria, one is a hole in the wall across from the correction center, and Brewburgers. Who knows, they all might be great places, I just don't want to go around them alone or at night.
I haven't eaten at Brewburgers myself but from what I heard it was most unimpressive and expensive. They moved into what was a great steak house that couldn't make it in the location it is in, mostly because it is a pain in the arse to get to, and like Todd said, I have not seen alot of cars at the place.
Who knows, perhaps it is a future mini bash location.
But Guy Fieri raves about it with every mouthful "mmm thats tasty", "mmm thats money" :rolleyes:

But Guy Fieri raves about it with every mouthful "mmm thats tasty", "mmm thats money" :rolleyes:

"mmm that <insert food item here> has got to be :p (He's going to say the best)....one of the 10 best <insert food item here> I've ever eaten." :confused:

Gee, thanks for the "rave" review. :roll:

I like him (in a purely gay sort of way... I mean Guy... did I say gay?). I want hair like a troll doll.

3D was my fav show, but Kitchen Nightmares may have moved it to No. 2.

I saw that episode last night.
The pastrami was the one cooked by a Canadian, right? Eh?
All the food looked good, but then again it always does. It is TV.

any place in the show did he say the food was money that seem to be his key word lol for its great atsten food

Guy also did a scene at a place in minneapolis a while back.
I took my mom and pop there when we were in town-what a waste.
He forgot to mention that it was the local gay/lesbian hotspot.
And you couldn't get refills on ice tea-what the hells up with that?
I ate at another restaurant write up while in st petersburg.
This one was better...but I never felt that "money" taste.hmmm.

Look for the UK verson of kitchen nightmares on YouTube. They tend to show more about the food.

I heard a rumor he just openned another restaurant in the Sacramento area, I've got to check it out... But I've eaten at Squeeze Inn and I will attest to any refrences he made to it being "money" or one of the best burgers he's ever had because that place is freaking amazing. I was however thinking about openning up a heart center next door for those that visit rather often.

"

I like him (in a purely gay sort of way... I mean Guy... did I say gay?). I want hair like a troll doll.

Truth be known....His last name is really pronounced "fairy"... Got that from some people who knew him as a Pretzel Vendor.... cant blame him... If I had hair like that ... Id change my last name in a heartbeat!

Back