Brisket, Butts and a friggin MESS!!!!

Wow!:eek: I guess there is a reason behind the madness as to why I put baking sheets underneath my double-wrapped marinated foods.:shock: My wife gets a chuckle when she watches me prep foods. I tell her 'I don't want to find out I have the defective bags in the bunch'.

Reminds me of a time I thought I would be creative and do some chocolate bowls like I say on food tv. You take a blown up balloon and dip it in melted chocolate and then sit is aside to harden. Once hardened you pop the balloon and you are left with a nice bowl of chocolate you can fill with ice cream, fruit, etc.

Well as I learned, you don't want to use balloons that are close to their max size and you also want to use chocolate that is just barely melted and not very hot. We were still cleaning chocolate off the walls, cabinets and ceiling 3 years after this incident when we were moving out. :shock:

Dang, I'm Dive resurrected this. That was the funniest damn thing I have read all week. The people at work keep asking if I am okay, because I'm snorting from laughing so hard, and I just spit apple juice on my computer screen!

Thanks Phil, for giving us a classic to laugh at.

Thats funny chit, thanks for bumping it up.
I can't believe nobody gave you any of this though.......

Attachments

• memento.jpg
    memento.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 637
they just stood there, mouths open.. lookin at me.. All I can say to them was "SAY NOTHING... Go get the mop." James came back with the Marinade Mop which I didnt think was funny.. (I actually did).

THAT is some funny chit :biggrin::lol:. Thanks for bumping the thread Dive! I was rollin on the floor.

Damn...been gone a few weeks and come back to read this one. I laughed so hard I about pi$$ed my pants.

Sorry to hear about your mess but damn that was funny....in a sick and sad way but never the less....had me laughing out loud...so loud one of my work mates came by and read it as well and they began to laugh so loud other staff wanted to know what was so funny. Not suppose to be on these sites at work... I damn near had to take him down to protect my privacy. I started thinking about "War of the Worlds" when Tom Cruise had to take the other fellow out because his big mouth. If that is what it takes to maintain my privacy on here...so be it :)

I'm glad this thread got resurrected..........I laughed my arse off!!! I had similar experiences with pickle jars and full Kool Aid pitchers falling outta the fridge and making a mess...........I know what a pain it is to clean that stuff while my wife is watching over my shoulder making sure I get ever nook and cranny. I busted my gut when I read about your son getting the sauce mop...........hilarious.
Thanks for sharing...

Hilarious! Your boy James is an all-star! I would've done the same thing!

As for the mess all over the place, makes me glad I've got 5 gallon food grade buckets with lids.

Not BBQ related, but similar situation--I'm a bagpiper, and because I play a leather bag and not synthetic, I've got to season it every once in a while with this snotty looking liquid. So, I warm it up from its solid state to snotty state, pour it into my bag, cork off all the openings, and blow up the bag so it's nice and tight. I'm shaking it, swirling it, flipping it all over the place to make sure the seasoning gets in all the nooks and crannies when a cork (which happens to be facing the floor from about 4 feet off the ground) pops and to quote the Poobah "FARKING FWOOOOSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Chunky, snotty looking stuff all over the kitchen floor, cabinets, walls, fridge, my feet, legs, etc. I looked and sounded like 3am had-too-many-at-the-bar-and-didn't-eat-enough vomit landing all over the place. My reaction was pretty much the same...angry and dumbfounded all at once.

I've learned my lesson since.

HeHeHe funny as always. I needed this laugh about right now at work...had to shut my door:lol::lol::lol:

LOFLMFAO!!!:lol::lol::lol: Sorry for your hassles bro...but I couldn't help a good side splitter at your expense.:biggrin:

Hilarious! Your boy James is an all-star! I would've done the same thing!

As for the mess all over the place, makes me glad I've got 5 gallon food grade buckets with lids.

Not BBQ related, but similar situation--I'm a bagpiper, and because I play a leather bag and not synthetic, I've got to season it every once in a while with this snotty looking liquid. So, I warm it up from its solid state to snotty state, pour it into my bag, cork off all the openings, and blow up the bag so it's nice and tight. I'm shaking it, swirling it, flipping it all over the place to make sure the seasoning gets in all the nooks and crannies when a cork (which happens to be facing the floor from about 4 feet off the ground) pops and to quote the Poobah "FARKING FWOOOOSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Chunky, snotty looking stuff all over the kitchen floor, cabinets, walls, fridge, my feet, legs, etc. I looked and sounded like 3am had-too-many-at-the-bar-and-didn't-eat-enough vomit landing all over the place. My reaction was pretty much the same...angry and dumbfounded all at once.

I've learned my lesson since.

There is the same reason I switched to a synthetic bag long ago. I used to be a purest and would only play sheep skin and cane reeds. That was until my leather blow valve gave out and I got a mouth full of seasoning. That stuff tastes like chit. :icon_smil

I have been very happy with my Shepard bag and Rocket reeds for about 7 years now. :-D

Back