Wife's first cook!!

HoDeDo

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I'm so proud guys.... She cooked her first ribs!!!!

Kim took over the cooker today.... and other than starting the fire... she did this:

S3700178.JPG

a couple kinks but heck of a first cook "on her own"... I won't say much else, let her share about it.

Butts are coming off soon.....

Congrats to Mrs. Andy!!!

I wish I could get Mrs. Todd to get interested in doing my boxes.

Plowboy said:
Congrats to Mrs. Andy!!!

I wish I could get Mrs. Todd to get interested in doing my boxes.

Kim did our boxes the better part of this season... took alot for me to give up control... but sooooo happy I did. More focus on meat for me... instead of salad.

I didn't plan on doing the cooking.:rolleyes: I started by getting the injection ready and then injected 6 butts - Andy asked me to make the "glue" and get it on them and put the rub on. He got the ribs out and showed me how to take the membrane off. More "glue" and rub and he helped me take everything out to the smoker.

The only thing I didn't do that I should have is spray down the meat hourly. Too much going on today I guess. The ribs turned out pretty good, a little dark but not burnt. Good flavor. I will try to improve, there are more ribs in the freezer.:wink:

So far the butts look really good. Nice bark and the little bites I got were really good.:smile:

Congrats on the ribs.
My wife… well she can make one hellava Chinese take out order.
Keep up the good work

smknwhlswife said:
I didn't plan on doing the cooking.:rolleyes: I started by getting the injection ready and then injected 6 butts - Andy asked me to make the "glue" and get it on them and put the rub on. He got the ribs out and showed me how to take the membrane off. More "glue" and rub and he helped me take everything out to the smoker.

The only thing I didn't do that I should have is spray down the meat hourly. Too much going on today I guess. The ribs turned out pretty good, a little dark but not burnt. Good flavor. I will try to improve, there are more ribs in the freezer.:wink:

So far the butts look really good. Nice bark and the little bites I got were really good.:smile:

Well it's looking good, are you going to post pics of the butt when it's done?

Awesome job on the ribs, you rank right up there with my wife (she bought me a new pit.... wink... did I mention that before?)

Great looking ribs!

My wife's involvement in my BBQ is limited to:

• "Make sure you close the garage door...I don't want my car seats smellin' like burnt hickory."
  • "Don't let that drip on the driveway."
  • "Can you move that table so I can back out of the garage."
  • "See you later...What time will the food be ready."
  • "Honey...I know you did all of the cooking and you've been up for 42 straight hours but do you mind doing the dishes too? I have a headache."
  • "You spent how much on an instant read thermowatchacallit?"
On occasion I hear:

• "Wow! That was really good."
  • "Can you bag some up for my lunch tomorrow?"
  • "Thanks. I love you."
Ken

She done good!!!! I guess I would like my wife to assist in the smoke once in a while, but she doesn't care anything about it. She does eat a little Q, though.

I guess I have told her too many times:
"If you even go near that smoker, I'll drill you like a Black and Decker".

She does not help.

Smoke On!!!!!!!

TexasGuppie said:
Great looking ribs!

• "Make sure you close the garage door...I don't want my car seats smellin' like burnt hickory."
  • "Honey...I know you did all of the cooking and you've been up for 42 straight hours but do you mind doing the dishes too? I have a headache."
On occasion I hear:
  • "Thanks. I love you."
Ken

Sounds like my ex-wife...... her favorite line after I cut the meat was... "I told you to put that pit further away from the house, you let smoke in the house." I don't think I heard "I love you" in the later years... lol

lazybonesmoke1 said:
My wife is a vegetarian. She is still young though.

*sigh* I recall when MY wife was young...

Oops! Crap! Forgot Kim will see that and could report to Tammy! :eek: Kim, did I ever tell you how nice of a person you are? Damn, it looks like your ribs turned out incredible! Congrats!

Seriously, great job for your first cook! Just make sure Andy lets you take over at least one category next year! Andy, think of the extra time to recover from the parties you'll have! :lol:

Congrats. Ive done just bad enough with my chicken for my wife to say Im doing those at contest from now on. Im slow bringer her over.

TexasGuppie said:
Great looking ribs!

On occasion I hear:
  • "Thanks. I love you."
Ken

That is damn funny. This could be a thread in itself.

smknwhlswife said:

What is this "glue" you speak of? Give us some of Andy's secrets. :icon_devil

Congrats to Kim on the Ribs.
My wife loves to help me out around the cooker and I love having her
around. When I'm not home and she wants Q she has no problem
getting the somker going and cooking whatever she is in the mood for.

Nice job Kim, I would eat those babys any day!! Maybe practice over the cold months and grab one of the ol'man's pits an start up your own girls team??
I would be changing the name from HO DE Whatever..
ModelMaker

Good job Kim - guess we know who will be cooking ribs and butt next year!! :wink:

Now if you teach Andy how to do the boxes the circle would be complete! :twisted:

Back