CL Kamado... what's it worth?

Wow! I have no idea what an unused almost 50 year old Kamado would be worth. I don't even know if I would use it if I bought it. I would wonder if getting something hot that is that old might crack it.

A guy was selling a used one on CL around here for $1000. He dropped the price from $1300.:shock:
It seems it sold as its no longer listed

I would try and pay 2/3 or less than what it would cost me to buy a BGE. Mainly because I feel like I'd be taking a chance on it cracking or something because of the age. If I'm gonna spend the full nut, I might as well just buy something I know is good.

You may feel differently if you're turned on by the vintage nature of the unit. Which I can understand, occasionally I find myself turned on by a vintage apparatus as well. :shocked: There's quite a few MILF grill/smokers I'd like to get my hands on. Maybe we should start calling them GRILF's. :-D

Cool unit, a mere $2,000 over priced. :wink:

Yeah, he basically laughed at $500 offer claiming that someone in L.A. was selling theirs for $1000 used. I told him that dude in L.A. has been trying to sell it for months. Just because that's the dudes price doesn't mean he's going to get it. He has a unique piece though, it's in it's raw natural form, unglazed.

Can't wait till reality sets in for him.

I would try and pay 2/3 or less than what it would cost me to buy a BGE. Mainly because I feel like I'd be taking a chance on it cracking or something because of the age. If I'm gonna spend the full nut, I might as well just buy something I know is good.

You may feel differently if you're turned on by the vintage nature of the unit. Which I can understand, occasionally I find myself turned on by a vintage apparatus as well. :shocked: There's quite a few MILF grill/smokers I'd like to get my hands on. Maybe we should start calling them GRILF's. :-D

I can honestly say I've never met a GRILF :laugh: If it is going to be a conversation piece, then pay what you think it's worth for you. If not, then I looked at these a while back and I felt there are much better on the market. I don't need more patio clutter. If/when I get another smoker it's going to be something I really want and I'm not going to compromise. I would definitely recommend a BGE or Primo over this.

Cool piece. He won't get that money on CL. Maybe a Hollywood prop shop looking for 60's style backyard scenes lol

...let me think about this for a minute....

manufacturer no longer in business....

....they mention the word "Antiques" in the post...

...I like American Pickers as much as the next person, but.....

$2400? Maybe, just not me or anyone I know.

BTW-why aren't you at the PNWBA Cooking/Judging Class in Cheney today?

You know what is funny about this is that this morning when I posted the link there was no price and it said make an offer... I didn't seriously want it but was curious what it might be worth. Now it would appear the person has delusions of grandeur. :crazy: Thanks to all who weighed in. :thumb:

BTW-why aren't you at the PNWBA Cooking/Judging Class in Cheney today?

I thought it would be more fun to go play golf in the rain and shoot the chittiest round of the year... :tsk: Farkin game!

yeah, there was no price on that when I first saw it. I am with those who find it very interesting but I would be scared to fire it up and wreck it.

You know what is funny about this is that this morning when I posted the link there was no price and it said make an offer... I didn't seriously want it but was curious what it might be worth. Now it would appear the person has delusions of grandeur. :crazy: Thanks to all who weighed in. :thumb:

I thought it would be more fun to go play golf in the rain and shoot the chittiest round of the year... :tsk: Farkin game!

LL and Meadowood both looked busy when we went by there this morning on our way to the Farmers Market. Evidently you were not the only one! :wink:

Back