stubbs charcoal no longer sold at lowes

mbshop

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
i guess that stubbs is no longer being sold at lowes once they run out.
confirmed by the floor guy.
seems it is being sold at wally world now.

for now its the briquettes. but i would assume that it would include the lump.

Keep checking. Couple three years ago same thing happened to me. Couldn't find it and they told me they wouldn't carry it anymore. Was back in store couple weeks later and they had half a pallet on the floor at like 50% off so I loaded up. Next spring they had it in stock again. Go figure.

This is why I stick with Kingsford blue. Seems every time I try something new that I like, eventually can't find it. Favorite charcoal actually was Walmart Sam's choice. Now it's gone.

I've noticed it not on the floor, but there is a pallet of it sitting up on the shelves.

Pretty full pallet today at mine, I bought 2 more bags.

Noticed they are carrying some rubs and sauces as well, including Stubb's sauces.

I don't think it would be a national thing. Your local Lowes might not be carrying it because of low sales. The one by me seems to sell more of it than anything else except for maybe the KBB double bags. Will for sure keep an eye out though if it does start to disappear. I know if it does, I wont be a happy camper. I hate going to wally world.

The hardwood briquettes have been on sale (2 for 1) sporadically in the past. Those were the only times I've purchased and stocked up.

.... Favorite charcoal actually was Walmart Sam's choice. Now it's gone.

Sam's Choice was a Royal Oak product as is the charcoal that replaced it.
I wish the local WalMart was carrying Stubbs, it would probably be cheaper than the $9 bucks Lowes wants for a bag.

I bought two bags at Lowe's a couple days ago-they had about a hundred bags of it on the shelf.

I used to use Stubbs briquettes from lowes but now I find kingsford blue 16.6 lb bags at a local closeout store for 3.99 once or twice a year and buy them out when I do.

My Lowe's sells that stuff like crazy. I have noticed as others have, that Lowe's seems to be carrying more grilling and BBQ related items, such as the sauces and things, more so than they used to. I hope they don't discontinue it! Lowe's is like 4 blocks from my house so it's easy to run get more when I run out.

I used to use Stubbs briquettes from lowes but now I find kingsford blue 16.6 lb bags at a local closeout store for 3.99 once or twice a year and buy them out when I do.

Don't know what that had to do with anything just wanted to brag about that deal I guess. I don't see the big deal about stubbs.

Don't know what that had to do with anything just wanted to brag about that deal I guess. I don't see the big deal about stubbs.

IMO, Stubbs gives the food a better flavor, much like lump or wood, since it is all natural and doesn't have coal, fillers or other non-wood ingredients (other than a vegetable binder) like most standard charcoal. After using Stubb's I will never go back to Kingsford blue, I think it gives my food an off-putting taste (I still like the kingsford competition briquettes, though, which are also 100% all-natural).

If you look it up, even some on Kingsford's website, you will find that their original charcoal is made primarily from softwoods, such as pine sourced from sawdust and scraps of building lumber, mixed with crushed coal, limestone, borax, etc. Would you ever put pine or coal in your smoker? I wouldn't.

Again this is all just my opinion. I get passionate about my charcoal. :blah:

^^^^^ I understand these things. I still don't see it. I might also say I use probably a 1:4 ratio of briquettes to lump so the taste of the briquettes means much less to me.

Yeah in that case you probably wouldn't see much difference. For me, once I started using Stubb's I just stuck with that and gave up lump completely. Of course it's all a personal preference anyway, if it's working well for you, and you're getting such a sweet deal on it, I would stick with it!

Although I couldn't find it on the Lowe's website anymore, my local Lowe's still carries it and has plenty of it in stock. If they ARE phasing it out, hopefully they put it on sale so I can stock up on it.

Back