Local cook-off results

Muscrat

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well I entered my second cook-off this weekend and did pretty well considering I sold my cooker Friday morning and had to scramble to borrow another cooker.

I entered brisket, ribs, half chicken and jackpot beans. I made final table in ribs and WON 1st place brisket!!

Even though I was told by a fellow brethren I had no business entering a comp I think I did good.

The cooker I used did not have an insulated fire box like I was used to and maintaining temps was tough. So it's time to build another cooker.
Thanks everybody that chimmed in on my post asking for chicken help. I really appreciate it.

Congrats man. I plan on doing one soon for the first time. I guess that shuts up who ever said you have no business there..I'm sure they have 0 first placing in anything:mrgreen:

Say it ain't so: there is a comp that has you cook a 1/2 chicken just like everybody in the real world tries every weekend??? I'm so sick of seeing that uniform chicken thigh muffin tin crap I could puke. Now you tell me there is a comp that has 1/2 chicks where you need to have tender & moist white and not-raw dark at the same time? Maybe there is hope for the comp BBQ world after all! Congrats and keep tryin - really proud of a bother who works at real BBQ. First in brisket in TX is something to be proud of!

I entered brisket, ribs, half chicken and jackpot beans. I made final table in ribs and WON 1st place brisket!!

Even though I was told by a fellow brethren I had no business entering a comp I think I did good.

Hard to believe a fellow brethren would say something like that:mmph:, shame on them.

Congratulations, I think you done good.

Matt

Hard to believe a fellow brethren would say something like that:mmph:, shame on them.

Congratulations, I think you done good.

Matt
Yeah I was surprised also but I'm glad I didn't take the advice.

Yeah I was surprised also but I'm glad I didn't take the advice.
Congratulations!

I run hot and cold on whether I want to compete, but I wouldn't listen to anyone who would tell me not to. :mmph: I'm glad to hear you didn't either.

Of course w/out pictures... :twisted: :wink:

Back