Smokey Salmon and Fettucini Alfredo........Lotta pRon

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This was really good, tried a little experiment with the Salmon, turned out great!

The guests of the party:
SmokeySalmonandFettuciniAlfredo001_zpsae37ecc9.jpg

SmokeySalmonandFettuciniAlfredo003_zps0c61f9c7.jpg

Experimented with one fillet, Made a mix of one TBSP brown sugar, one TBSP kosher salt and one teaspoon granulated garlic. I seasoned the other two fillets with salt, pepper and a little garlic.
SmokeySalmonandFettuciniAlfredo005_zpsb4ed5076.jpg

SmokeySalmonandFettuciniAlfredo006_zps3aee1dda.jpg

I let this dry marinate for one hour, rinsed and seasoned with a little salt and pepper.
Brushed all three with a little oil and into the fish basket;
SmokeySalmonandFettuciniAlfredo010_zps4df7c55a.jpg

SmokeySalmonandFettuciniAlfredo012_zps859d63a8.jpg

Fired up the WSJ, I used lump with a few small pieces of hickory;
SmokeySalmonandFettuciniAlfredo014_zps6fd1f0ff.jpg

Prepped the Fettucini and the Brussel sprouts in the mean time:
Salmon on!
SmokeySalmonandFettuciniAlfredo016_zps89997769.jpg

SmokeySalmonandFettuciniAlfredo018_zps3bd645c7.jpg

Turned once, took maybe 10-15 minutes, I didn't time it, but I have learned to pull it sooner rather than later, you can always cook it some more, but you can't undo it if overdone, this was perfect;
SmokeySalmonandFettuciniAlfredo020_zpsfb46573d.jpg

Plated;
SmokeySalmonandFettuciniAlfredo024_zps37b88f0f.jpg

A few bite shots;
The salmon, as you can see, very moist;
SmokeySalmonandFettuciniAlfredo025_zps3b1eff21.jpg

The fettucini;
SmokeySalmonandFettuciniAlfredo038_zps50c0f4fa.jpg

SmokeySalmonandFettuciniAlfredo029_zpsec24fde0.jpg

The sprouts;
SmokeySalmonandFettuciniAlfredo035_zps3828c356.jpg

Slmon with a little tarter sauce;
SmokeySalmonandFettuciniAlfredo032_zps5e8a57d0.jpg

This was all delicious. My "experimental" piece of salmon was wonderful, the hint of sweet behind the smoke and savory was delicious. Not necessarily sure which I favored, with or without the brown sugar, both were great. I make my own tarter sauce, but in all honesty, the salmon was so good, it wasn't really needed. As you can see, the salmon was very moist.
Will absolutely try again!

Hope you enjoyed!
KC

Just wanted to add, this was dessert, a little something my dad used to make when I was A kid;
Ghramncrackermilkshake001_zps8f64b1a2.jpg

It's just graham crackers mixed in milk until you get a milkshake like consistency. Sometimes I'll mix in a little extra honey, or maybe banana or peanut butter, anyway, not a bad dessert on the fly, pretty tasty too!

KC

KC

The smoked salmon plate looks delicious. I like that clamp basket you cooked the fish in. I gotta find one for myself.

Nice looking plate, Dave. You've got a way with salmon, that's for sure! :clap2:

My wife wants to marry you

LOL, My wife has always said "I hate to cook, so I married one", But hey maybe my peeps can talk to your peeps, and .......well, never mind, :wacko:

The smoked salmon plate looks delicious. I like that clamp basket you cooked the fish in. I gotta find one for myself.

Thanks, I think I picked the basket up at Wally World for five bucks or so, but I have seen several versions out there at assorted prices. It works great for wings too!

Nice looking plate, Dave. You've got a way with salmon, that's for sure! :clap2:
LOL, I'm not sure who dave is......hmmm, the other man, lol,......But thanks for the compliment Lizbeth.

KC

KC,

I shamelessly stole your idea. Thanks, it was a great pairing.

Attachments

• salmon.jpg
    salmon.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 3
Back