• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

eBay Cold Smoker Opinions

R

rcbaughn

What do you guys think of this guys cold smoker? $99 shipped, or $129 for a cordless one that runs off of some kind of battery.

[ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140909035479"]Venturi Cold Smoker[/ame]

Seems to be made pretty well, I just don't know about buying from someone that no one has heard of, and don't know if $129 is a good price on something like that really. I know the Smokedaddy is about that if I ain't wrong. The cordless option if it will run a long time would be awesome. Be able to run the thing anywhere would be useful no doubt since where I smoke and grill I would have ti run a heck of a long extension cord to any kind of fan or air pump that was on one of these things.

That sucks, never heard of the tar problem. That would be a pretty big issue no doubt and aggravating.

Depending on what you are using it on ie home stand alone cold smoker or a pit would make the choice a bit more one sided . Looks to be overkill in some areas with that big ol fan hanging off it and exposed to the elements. I don't know anyone personally that has the unit you are looking at so I couldn't say if it was worth the investment. Where's it shipped from? ( sorry haven't clicked the eBay link )

I would go with a simple , proven and robust smoke daddy if I wanted air assistd or the ProQ cold smoke generator for a drum or WSM sort of cooker.

+1 for A-Maze-N Pellet Smoker.

Plus pellets are more readily available from Treager or doitbest.com without any shipping fees. I use mine set inside my smoker without a heat source to cold smoke cheese, sausage, ham, and bacon. No special equipment needed to be plugged in.

I would run something like this on The Meat Beast but change the fan to a simpler fish tank pump that I could easily keep out of the elements. I like that it's stainless.

I would get the A-Maze-N pellet smoker, no moving parts or electrical widgets to break down simply light it, let it burn a bit, then blow it out and let it do its thing.

What do you guys think of this guys cold smoker? $99 shipped, or $129 for a cordless one that runs off of some kind of battery.

Venturi Cold Smoker

Seems to be made pretty well, I just don't know about buying from someone that no one has heard of, and don't know if $129 is a good price on something like that really. I know the Smokedaddy is about that if I ain't wrong. The cordless option if it will run a long time would be awesome. Be able to run the thing anywhere would be useful no doubt since where I smoke and grill I would have ti run a heck of a long extension cord to any kind of fan or air pump that was on one of these things.

Yes, It is made by me, woodpelletsmoker. Please search my name and you will find that I am not "no one has heard of"

those types of generators are prone to getting plugged up with tar

I have an Amazen Smoker pellet burner, it works fantastic and costs about $40, and uses no electricity

http://www.amazenproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=12
It is NOT COLD smoking. It burns inside your smoker, the heat it produces is kept inside your smoker.
Also I have same cheaper smoking box, $20 or $25. Simply check my eBay store please. Also I add grease prevent cover/umbrella to avoid grease fire

That sucks, never heard of the tar problem. That would be a pretty big issue no doubt and aggravating.

1.Smokey Daddy uses a weak pump, there is not enough air to burn all wood out
2.Smokey Daddy is made from Aluminum, which can not be burnt by high temperature
3.I use a 10 CFM fan, optional 50 CFM fan. It is strong enough to burn all wood to ash
4.My smoker is made from Stainless Steel. If any tar, simply burn it at high temperature

smokebox2.jpg

smokebox4.jpg

My smoking box, with grease preventing umbrella, placed inside your smoker, $25 free mail

Back