• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Panini Press

Breville as well. Use it all the time. Nice unit. No complaints.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

I do something similar to thirdeye's method. I heat up two pans one the stove. One is a cast iron griddle (flat... no sides), and the other is just a regular CI frying pan. I put the sandwich on the griddle, then press it with the frying pan. (And I can whip up a mean cuban sandwich!) :becky:

I don't have a lot of experience, but used the Griddler at the in-law's this last weekend and it seemed pretty solid.

I would think the Cuisinart would be a better choice. I like the separate controls for the top and bottom and the two sets of plates.

Can anyone recommend a great panini press? I need something good to make paninis/cuban sandwiches. I was looking at this cast iron press by Lodge, but not confident that the press carries enough weight.

Lodge Logic Pre-Seasoned Rectangular Cast-Iron Grill Press: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining

Smooth,
I just got the Lodge color porcelain on cast iron for my bride for Christmas. We love it. Plenty of weight, and surprisingly the cooking surfaces are black porcelain also, not cast iron as I expected when ordering, so it doesn't need seasoning, and cleans up quick with no corrosion.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001QFYAKE/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1357198427&sr=8-7&pi=SL75"]Lodge Color Square Grill Pan, Island Spice Red, 10":Amazon:Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

With this lid, heavy enough to make awesome Reuben's!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001QFYAEK/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1357198427&sr=8-3&pi=SL75"]Lodge Color Enamel Cast Iron 8.5 inch Square Panini Press, Island Spice Red:Amazon:Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

They come in a few colors. We chose blue.

Keep calm and panini on

Griddler here as well. Got it as a wedding present and really like it. As a sandwich/panini press it's fantastic, as a griddle, not so much. Problem is when it's laid open in "griddle mode" there are no supports to keep the griddles flat, so one is usually at a cockeyed angle, leading to weird shaped pancakes and runaway fried eggs. Only other problem is that after a few years of vigorous cleaning, the printing on the unit denoting the various settings has worn off. Now every time I use it, I need to look up a picture of it on the web so I know how to position the knobs for the setting I want.

I'm just a poor boy from a poor family, but I use a glass casserole dish with large cans of whatever we have on hand. I've also used bricks if I'm not on the stove top.

Thanks everyone, after reading a lot of reviews, and I mean A LOT! I went with the Breville.

Back