OBR Operation NY/NJ needs help

Joined as Founders Club member. We are doing what we can to raise more money. This am I saw people looking through dumpsters for food. OBR can make a difference. They just need continued support. We need to keep this thread up front.

Have y'all made a kickstart page, it might help funding, just a thought. This is a great deal serving q in a time of need wish I could help out but I have a family loss going on so I'm tied up my grandma that passed would love this.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Just chatted with an OBR rep on email. They are still putting together plans for the area. I am in Bergen can can help in Bergen or the surrounding counties.

Also I emailed info@operationbbqrelief.org and they confirmed they put me on their list for when help is needed in various areas

I also let them know, the OBR donate page is acting very slow. I am hoping its not a tech problem, maybe just over taxed servers if people are actively on the website donating - which is a good thing. They said they'll look into the issue, hoping to make donations quicker/easier.

I wish I could come help out, but donated to the cause. I will post this up on my Facebook as well to help spread the word. :thumb: Good Luck folks!!

Just went to OBR site to check on progress of the current operation and it is very slow.
Hope this doesn't discourage donations.

Just went to OBR site to check on progress of the current operation and it is very slow.
Hope this doesn't discourage donations.

We served about 3500 meals yesterday, and will double that today at least cooking from three locations. Logistics are incredibly difficult.

By the end of Sunday we probably will have completely depleted our resources.

We need cash donations and in kind protein donations.

Will donate right away

This is the first day I've seen TV or the internet since the storm hit. We got clobbered here in the Atlantic City area...not as hard as BLI or those places thank God, but it is still a huge mess. The BBQ relief is certainly a cause I'm gonna support, because this whole state needs help....

Hey, Brethren -

The Operation BBQ Relief guys will run out of resources by the end of the day tomorrow.

Please, if you can give any amount at all, it would be greatly appreciated.

As the quote on their donation page says "If you can't feed 100 people, feed just one."

http://operationbbqrelief.org/donate

If every person who reads this would donate just $3 - that would generate a good deal of support.

Thank you for your consideration.

I am an electric lineman and have been on many hurricanes and other natural disaster in the last 25 years. I always appreciate the people bbqing for us at the stageing areas.from mass where I live to Florida, Mississippi and other areas we have been. This is a great thing you are doing, and I am happy to donate! I am in Connecticut this week and had some good BBQ last night at a place called The Cookhouse in New Milford. What a treat that was after a 17 hour day putting lights on. Thanks for what you all are doing hope my donation helps

Just talked to Jessie at Meadowcreek BBQ supply, I'm hoping to make a run to Forked River on Thursday. Looking to take butts, charcoal, and rub. Also going to pick up a couple gas cans and I'll take them filled too. Keep up the good works guys. Let's keep OBBQR rockin

Back