Pig Shots for all...with love!

I made these last night, just to test them out. I think my sausage was too big ( :tongue: ), but other than that, they were delicious. We make a beer cheese dip, which we used for the filling. Had some tipping issues with them, but sure tasted good. :becky:

Try making pig candy before the wrapping. I dredge mine in brown/turbinado/cayenne mix before wrapping and stuffing, going to mix in some hot peppers this weekend and try out some more goodness. Can't miss with these babies.

I made up some of these a few weeks back for a big get together...they were simply glorious! Everyone at my party was talking about them.

Couple pics...

null-13.jpg

null-1-5.jpg

They look amazing!

Probably a daft question, but is the sausage you used the ready to eat kind or the uncooked?

Nice shots Westy! They are a real party favor aren't they? :thumb:

5 deserved pages long Jason:clap:

Thanks buccs! As far as I know, this is the first thread I've ever started that's gotten past page 2. I just feel bad for whoever actually invented these beauties. :grin:

They look amazing!

Probably a daft question, but is the sausage you used the ready to eat kind or the uncooked?

Yep, precooked, I used Hillshire Farms, the package says heat thoroughly just to be safe.

Gonna get BUSY with these tomorrow! Supposed to be a rainy day, but it'll be sunny around my pit! I got regular polish sausage, and some hot spicy sausage, which I thought would offset the sweet of the brown sugar quite nicely!
I'll post some pron!

Here are my pron from today's cook... Along with some things I learned...
IMG_9289_zps289f4e57.jpg

IMG_9288_zps4a77a0de.jpg

Lesson #1 use thick cut bacon.
#2 if using cheddar use FINELY shredded cheddar
#3 the HOT sausage was good, but only for people that like HOT links! LOL Made for a funny game of "russian roulette" for dinner tonight! Some spicy, some not!

All in all a GREAT recipe, and will do again!

Last edited:
Bibbed up! I so have to try these - I think my wife is going to kill me. Since joining this forum my list of things to make and try is growing. GOOD EATS!

Back