First Comp - Meat Question

P

patkline9999

Sorry for the rookie question but I just want to make sure. ... the rules say you cannot marinate / season etc. meat...

Can I assume that all trimming can be done in advance, before meat inspection? I am planning on doing all trimming / rib membrane removal , etc. at home ... can someone confirm that this is ok for a KCBS comp? Thanks in advance.

Yes, trimming at home is fine. Just no injecting/rubbing/marinating/seasoning of any kind.

Yes, you can trim before hand. I always do, it is so much easier than doing it at the contest. Good luck!

Trim away -- I think it is best to trim ahead of time. Lets you focus on the cook and have a little relaxation time to enjoy chatting, etc. Most pro teams do at least some pre-trim.

Yes, pretrimming is legal, and I'd so much rather have meat trimmed in a controlled, sanitary environment than out in the field. If you ever want to try a special kind of hell, trim chicken at the contest site.

Really!!! Cause trimming chicken at home can be pretty nasty..I could'nt imagine tryin to trim it at a comp especially in the heat of summer!!! :doh:

Back