2nd Annual MAN DAY

thedirtman

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Todd's DIRT presents MAN Day. On Thursday about 20 of us guys got together over a friends house for our 2nd Annual MAN's Day. Basically it is Men, MEAT, Beer, grilling, BBQ and music. Each guy brings some kind of meat and beer to the party. We had four Weber kettels meeting as much meat as we could put on there. I basically manned the grills and cooked all of the meats with a litlle DIRT's of course. WE had NY Strip steaks, Pork Tenderloin, Flank Steak, London Broil, Pork chops and Sausages of all kinds. One of the guys brought 10 quails for me to grill, Which was the first time I had grilled a little bird like that before. Two of the guys smoked 15 pounds of brisket and 5 racks of ribs. We hung out and drank having fun and then when the food was cooked, we ate MEAT. Afterwards we all went down in the basement while a bungh of guys jammed and the rest played darts. We started at 4pm and went on till 2 am, what a Great Night. I could not believe that by the end of the night, there was no meat left. I would strongly suggest starting your own Man day.

Pictures were taken, but I obviously had the wrong guys taking the pictures. Because none of the pictures came out.

Definitely sounds like a large time:thumb:

Sounds like a great time was had, especially by the camera guys.

Sorry Todd,

But you were beaten to this idea more than a decade ago.

Sean Baligian of sports talk-radio station WDFN (Detroit) came up with the concept of MEATA (men eating all the animals) on his morning radio show. The idea is pretty much the same as yours, except extra meat and can food items are all distributed to the poor.

I remember the day he first floated the idea. The other on-air personalities all said nobody would come, but that didn't stop Beligian. He submitted the idea to WDFN, and got approval. He was able to secure the parking lot of the arena the Plymouth Whalers hockey team plays at. The result was incredible.

I had to work, but drove by. The place was beyond packed. There was meat of every kind, and tons donated by the thousands who attended. Sean did his show from the lot, and the interviews were a hoot.

They're still doing it every year:

http://www.wdfn.com/pages/meata_page.html

sounds about like Friday night cards to me, except we allow girls in our clubhouse, gotta have someone to get the beer while were playing cards.... I'm going back to the penalty box now

With all that sausage flying around, maybe it's better that the pix didn't turn out!

...I'll be off to the penalty box now :redface:

I'm with Fat Woody, maybe it's better the pron didn't come out! You know evidence and all.....
Thanks for sharing sounds like a fun time!

Back