Horrible Day - Broke my BGE :-(

markrvp

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was moving my Large Big Green Egg today on a dolly. When I went to set it in place, the bottom of the egg rolled out and the body broke into 10 pieces. I was so stunned I just stared at it for a couple of minutes. Ouch.

The lid is okay, the firebox is okay, the ceramic ring broke clean in two and can still be used. Is it possible to get another lower ceramic body from BGE? If so, anybody got an estimate as to what it would cost?

This sucks.

Very sorry for your loss. Hope you can get a replacement.

From everything I have read you should contact BGE directly. Seems they are quite good at customer service. You may also try your local dealer and see if he can do you a solid. I'm sure some eggheads will chime in.

no pictures.... didnt happen...... well, wish it didnt , sorry on your loss

I would call BGE as suggested, they have always treated me great. Sorry about the disaster.

ouch!!!!! that does suck. I'm not an egg owner but have heard a lot of brother/sisters on here say they are great with customer service. Hope you get a good shake out of them. Good luck bro!!!!!!!!!!

Contact BGE customer service first thing Tuesday and see if they will work something out for you, they are great! Sorry for your loss, man that just sucks!

i'm so sorry. contact your dealer or the mothership and they will get you taken care of. i'm not sure the cost, but it will be far cheaper than the grill. less than a hundred i'd guess.

That emphatically sucks in so many ways, so sorry here, too.

Your egg is less then a year old right?

Just sayin'.....

Wow. That really sucks arse!!!

Sorry to hear about that man.
Hopefully BGE Co. will help you out.

........storm damage?:roll:

Back