1st time trying lump in a u.d.s.

F

flint

I will be using lump charcol in my uds for the first time, going to do a couple 5# briskets. Any advice would be helpful and appreciatedIMG_0734.jpg Should i mix charcol and lump, does lump burn hotter don't want to ruin the brisket or dry it out. Tim

Hey Tim, remember to only use a little "lit" fuel to get things going.

Lump burns no hotter than the air you give it. Open the intake it gets hot close it it cools down same a briqs or burning straight wood. Only real difference is there is much less ash. I use the exact same settings on my UDS whether I use lump or briqs. Good luck

Lump burns no hotter than the air you give it. Open the intake it gets hot close it it cools down same a briqs or burning straight wood. Only real difference is there is much less ash. I use the exact same settings on my UDS whether I use lump or briqs. Good luck

Ditto!

temp's can up quick, started throttling down about 200 it has settled in around 225. should i foil them at 160 being that there small 5#ers don't want to dry them out.pron later. Tim

6 hrs temp holding 225-228 going to check in a hour going to foil at 160 and add alittle juice.IMG_3968.jpg

Back