FEC 100 with exhaust fan

kurtsara

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
If I put a FEC 100 in a enclosed comp trailer and hook a commercial exhaust fan to it will it still run alright or will the fan have to much pull?

Or do you run the fan at a variable speed to pull just enough?

Anyone have experience with this setup?

I saw this pic and saved it for doing this someday if it would work

Attachments

• feconexhaust.jpg
    feconexhaust.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 227
I know a friend here that has his FEC mounted in his trailer, but I do not believe he has an exhaust fan hooked to it. I think he just runs the exhaust pipe through the roof with a rain cover on the roof exterior. I would be really concerned that the pull of the exhaust fan would affect the cooking temps of the FEC.

FEC has a blower in it already. You can just run a pipe and it pushesthe exhaust on its own.

If you add another fan, you'll be changing the smoke dynamics. Not good/not bad, you'll have to decide.

The IQ4 was a big change and it actually controls the fans so that it doesn't blow all the time. This has lead to an increase smoke flavor unlike the old Traeger controllers that blew air all the time.

If you add a draw fan, it will tend to pull air/smoke out and that will change the flavor, you'll have to decide if you like that.

If it pulls too much it will also create more of a convection effect and thus change the cooking times.

Smoke rises, so it will work it's way out.

You'll get more smoke in the trailer when you open the door anyway.

Russ

Dr. Porkenstein had 2 FEC's in the back of his toyhauler. He had both vented out the sides from the smoke stack. Then he had a little exhaust hood that he built over the doors, so when he opened them, it pulled the smoke out... It was a nice set-up....

mail
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&...&th=1237d2c70767610e&attid=0.6&disp=inline&zw

Here is a picture of Alex's setup Scottie is talking about.

Nope Your FEC is Ruined push it to the curb and I'll be by to clean up your curb and haul away the debris.............grins

Hey!! It was worth a try!!!:idea:

Back