• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2009 turn in box pics

Cigarbque

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Since the 2009 season has started and there have been some comps completed and won how about some pics of your turn in boxes?

7th Ribs Salisbury MD. 92 Teams

Attachments

• DSC_0069-1.JPG
    DSC_0069-1.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 729
1st place ribs out of 92 in salisbury md

Before a little adjustment and finishing shine!!!!! The picture was with a camera pheon and did the cherry red color no justice....:icon_blush:

Last edited:
WOW, those both look amazing. We were going to stack like that but worried about them getting giggled in the box and falling over. Awesome color!

Nice looking top Salisbury ribs, now here is what they looked like way back in 30th place at Salisbury. I got bad appearance scores, I'm still a rookie competitor (under 12 months since my 1st comp ). Did I get bad appearance scores because they cooked too hot and the meat drew back from the bone or what? Your above ribs look so even across the top. Mine ended up in a hotter spot than I thought on my pit and cooked in 3 hours. Plus I have a few dark spots on them. Looks like I have a lot of work to do.

PorkinthePark09Ribs.jpg

You've got a few issues with the ribs for appearance. Your greens look ok, you want a firm lawn to putt from so be sure the greens are in there tight. Second, your ribs do not compliment each other. On the bottom row it looks as if there are two ends on the ends facing in and two mids between them. Try to pick ribs as a group. Four center ribs, cut cleanly and then layed in order on the putting green. I would have the back ribs be wider than the front, with the front ribs having the best finished look to them. Sauce appears a bit gloppy and a more even color would be helpful. Good luck, a great start...gotta start somewhere. Scott

Great rib pics. How about some chicken. pork or brisket? Man I have a ton of work to do before summer.

I noticed that the camera picks up a lot more color variation and imperfections. Anyone else agree?

I am not sure what those black/dark splotches are
depends on if you have anything above them, or, particles on the grill if you cook them meat side down.....also when trimming, trying to keep meat appearance even before will help with even appearance when completed.....just have to make sure that the ribs are not picking up any extra gunk.......tweezers......help a lot during the cooking process......

I noticed that the camera picks up a lot more color variation and imperfections. Anyone else agree?

I always see more faults in the box through the lens than looking at the box directly. Why that should be, I have no idea, but I've taken to snapping a quick picture of the box before turn-in so I can see if I've missed anything that the camera shows.

Back