Critter Rub

Rookie'48

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Here we go trying out Plowboy's new "Critter Rub". First up, some spares:
100_0667.jpg

Also a 4 inch thick chunk of rib eye:
100_0663.jpg

My only problem is do I like it better on cow or pig :-D ? I'll have to give this stuff a real work out in the next few weeks :biggrin:.

Appearently in some places, pork is beef: Moink!! :biggrin:

Looking great Dave! How'd the ribeye taste? Once AGAIN the dang mail man must of lost my invite.:rolleyes: I'll just keep wishing for next time...

It is a little more "bold" than the Yardbird rub.

Them there ribs sure look good, Dave.

Looks like I need to break out the checkbook again.

It is a little more "bold" than the Yardbird rub.

When you say "bold" do you mean a little hotter or has a stronger overall flavor of some sort? I really like the yardbird so if it is really close but with just some enhancement I think I might really like to try it.

When you say "bold" do you mean a little hotter or has a stronger overall flavor of some sort? I really like the yardbird so if it is really close but with just some enhancement I think I might really like to try it.

Definitely hotter, and a little different flavor. The salt, sweet, and base flavors are very similar. Should have it available commercially by the end of July.

I had a chance to try this in "beta" version Todd sent me. I've only tried it on beef and it was pretty darn good. I'm looking forward to being able to buy some because I'm all out.

:-?:-?Man, I knew I should have copyrighted the name to MY rub!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

It goes very well on beef. My daughters like it in their burgers... and if you try it with some apple cider vinegar in a shrimp boil... oh nevermind, you wouldnt want to try that:shock: way too addictive.

Back