Spatchcock Chicken

A

AlbuQue

Does anyone ever brine or marinate the chicken before hand? Would the Roadside Chicken sauce be good as a marinate for this? Thanks

I would think a brine would be awesome. I recently started using them and I am amazed at the difference. There is a really good one on foodtv.com called Old World Turkey Brine - obviously it works on chicken too.

Thanks. I think I'll try marinating in the Roadside Chicken marinate for a couple hours or so and see how that works. Bubba, if you've used brine, what was your procedure?

Possibilities are endless w/ a brine...as long as you have salt and water....add whatever you want. Ive added orange juice, beer, apple juice, various spices....skys the limit w/ a brine.

Possibilities are endless w/ a brine...as long as you have salt and water....add whatever you want. Ive added orange juice, beer, apple juice, various spices....skys the limit w/ a brine.

And makes for some great tasting and really moist meat.:cool:

I was in a hurry, and marinated the ones I did in Lawery's (sp) garlic and herb marinade. They came out a little salty, but super juicy. Brian

We always marinate our chicken. Usually in an italian dressing based marinade. This makes all the difference!

Attachments

• old smoker 27.jpg
    old smoker 27.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 54
I have been using Mojo

1SCM%20(43).jpg

Back