Blueberries & BBQ Festival Callahan, FL (FBA)

T

Turk

Who beat Big Daddy Q in Callahan?:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
NOBODY!!!!!
THANKS SHANE!
still trying to believe it though:-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Big Daddy

Where are the rest of the results? Who came in 13th in chicken is what i really would like to know

Results from Callahan, Florida

Overall:
Grand Champion- Big Daddy Q
Reserve G. Champion- Home BBQ.com
3rd- Smokin Cracker
4th- Bubba Chuck
5th- Barbeque Crew
6th- Jus Fer Fun
7th- Huff and Puff
8th- Bub-ba-Q
9th- Munchees Smokehouse
10th- Budmeisters

Chicken:
1st- Munchees Smokehouse
2nd- Barbeque Crew
3rd- Bubba Chuck
4th- Home BBQ.com
5th- Primetime Smokers
6th- Smokin Cracker
7th- Big Daddy Q
8th- Jacks Old South
9th- Bub-ba-Q
10th- GB's BBQ

Ribs:
1st- Big Daddy Q
2nd- Smokin Cracker
3rd- Jus Fer Fun
4th- Budmeisters
5th- Barbeque Crew
6th- Home BBQ.com
7th- Bub-ba-Q
8th- Huff and Puff
9th- Big Papa's Country Kitchen
10th- Bethel Smokers

Pork:
1st- Big Daddy Q
2nd- Budmeisters
3rd- Bub-Ba-Q
4th- Smokin Cracker
5th- Jacks Old South
6th- Home BBQ.com
7th- Harvey Creek BBQ
8th- Flirtin' with Disaster
9th- Jus Fer Fun
10th- Huff and Puff

Brisket:
1st- Big Daddy Q
2nd- Home BBQ.com
3rd- Bubba Chuck
4th- Jus Fer Fun
5th- Smokin Cracker
6th- Flirtin' with Disaster
7th- GB's BBQ
8th- Big Papa's Country Kitchen
9th- Huff and Puff
10th- Munchees Smokehouse

Great weekend with great weather and a nice event.

Brent (Smoking Gator) and I cooked for fun as "Flirtin' With Disaster" since Chad could not make the weekend for the Southern Brethren team.
All I can say is that Brent is a great Brother to compete with and an awesome cook both at the event and at home! He fed me some incredible grilled Wahoo on Thurs night and he and his wife Kris made me totally at home on Thurs and Sat night. Thanks, Brent and Kris.

Results?
We finished 13/31 and I made my normal (although a new one this time) amateur mistakes in a couple of areas.
Cost us a solid 11th or 12th :oops:
Really need to compete more or.....?

Anyway--congrats to all the Brethren teams who walked!
Some impressive scoring going on at Callahan for some excellent meat!

TIM

Congrats to ol whats-his-name, and the others who got calls - Shane, Foy, Bubba, and Kevin congrats on Reserve!

Congrats GC Jim (Big Daddy Q) RC Kevin (Home BBQ) Bubba Chucks, BBQ Crew.

Brent (Smokin Gator) Thanks for the Low Boil it was great the venison sausage was Farkin outstanding.

thanks everybody, still in shock!!!
kevin, dennis & shane, bubba-chuck, bubba-Q, and foy, thanks for your friendship & congrats to all !

Hey did anybody notice that rub wasnt there ?................ it just hit me:twisted:

Big congrats Jim!

Also to the immitation Smokin Cracker team (the Space Girls :eek: )... Then to Bubba, the bubbachucks crew, Foy, Tim & Brent, and to anyone else that walked the stage...

Congrats to everyone that placed and/or won!

Shane & Dennis (The Space Coast Pit Crew) AKA Smokin' Cracker Pit Crew
These guys are #1 in my book. Shane cooks with me all the time but I didn't think he was watching. Thanks for the help. You guys are #1 in my book.

Big DADDY Q WOW WOW WOW 3 first place finsihes.
Do you have a class I can take?
Congrats my very good best friend!

Way to go Kevin & the Bubbas & the Chucks and all my other friends.
See you all in St. Mary's, GA

First of all congrats to Jim for GC, Kevin for RGC, and to Dennnis and Shane for an outstanding job as the Smokin Cracker Team. It was great to get to know each of you a little better and it was a treat to watch Kevin cook.

Second, a huge thanks to Tim (Kapn) for letting me to cook with him. I learned so much not only about competition cooking but about smoking in general.

For any of you who are relative newbies to the site like me or who haven't had that much experience with smoking, DO NOT pass up an opportunity to cook a comp with someone with experience. In fact don't hesitate to ask after you have developed a bit of a relationship with someone. You will learn as much in a weekend as you could in months (maybe years) on your own.

And last, the Brethren is a great group... the support given to each other is awesome!!! Thanks to all of you who were there.

Shane & Dennis (The Space Coast Pit Crew) AKA Smokin' Cracker Pit Crew
These guys are #1 in my book. Shane cooks with me all the time but I didn't think he was watching.

He was definately paying attention! Impressive is all I can say.....

I didn't realize you were watching Brent! :shock:
Enjoyed being next to you and Tim as well, and that low country boil was first class...

A huge congrats to Big Daddy Q.. Three first places, wow!!!! I hope you have Wild Cherry in Tn next week. It was fun as always and I also have to congradulate all the others that placed. Great job Kevin, Shane, Dennis, BubbaChucks, Foy and anybody else that I missed.

Bubba

Paying attention to the door as it closes on all the real good stuff if I could just see what he does behind that door:!: :twisted:

Paying attention to the door as it closes on all the real good stuff if I could just see what he does behind that door:!: :twisted:

My thoughts exactly when you set your tent up in Macclenny with three sides up and the only opening facing the road!!!!

You sly dogs you!!!:wink:

Back