First Grilled Pizza

M

miller4eyes

Last night i decided to make a grilled pizza i used a method i saw on tv it looked good so gave it a try.
I used home made dough and sauce and topped it with mozzarella it turned out pretty good the one on the left kinda fell apart but i know what i did wrong there when i turned the dough onto the grill it folded over and it took me a few secs to get it flattened out and it cracked along the fold line but it still tasted good

Tonight will be Ribs and wings homefully they will turn out ever better

Attachments

• WP_000613.jpg
    WP_000613.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 161
  • WP_000614.jpg
    WP_000614.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 161
  • WP_000617.jpg
    WP_000617.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 161
  • WP_000618.jpg
    WP_000618.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 161
First problem was that you were cooking with gas! Haha! Nice hot kettle of charcoal does amazing pizza, but nice first go with the propane!

yeah the weber is sitting to the side just easyer to get the gas going, only just got the gas two weeks ago so just cooking every thing on it to save heating up the house with the oven

We love to grill pizza, but as my sig says, not with gas.:biggrin1:

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water and give up on making pizza on your gas grill. I made a lot of great pizza on the gasser before the Akorn moved into my preferred pizza cooker of choice. IMO if you really want great pizza on the grill, invest in pizza stone or one of the CI or steel pans and get a pizza peel.

I've got a pizza stone which I normally use in the oven but was just interested in trying direct on the grill hoping it wouldn't just make a big mess, got some ribs that have just gone on the gas half hour ago. Hopefully they'll turn out good

I have an old weber genisis I refurbed that I use only for pizza and the stone I use is about 20 years old and it looks it but it works very well.

Back