Farmland Ribs

Elkslayer

Reaction score
I was at Restaurant Depot looking for ribs this last week for a comp and they did not have IBP but this Farmland Brand. Anybody have experience with this brand as I mainly stick with what I know from an IBP standpoint. Any insights on the quality of these ribs is greatly appreciated.

Most farmland stuff is enhanced or injected as a rule. Not comparable to IBP green label stuff. We got plenty of them in around here lately. Ok eating ,not what I turn in for contests. Steve.

Most farmland stuff is enhanced or injected as a rule. Not comparable to IBP green label stuff. We got plenty of them in around here lately. Ok eating ,not what I turn in for contests. Steve.
Not true. Most are not enhanced. They are probably some of the best quality ribs you can buy.

I think the ones you want are called All Natural. The St. Louis cut are especially good quality.

The ones I got at Sam's a few years ago were not enhanced and were very good. I was apprehensive at first but never got a bad package.

Not true. Most are not enhanced. They are probably some of the best quality ribs you can buy.

I think the ones you want are called All Natural. The St. Louis cut are especially good quality.

This ^^^

I have had good experiences with Farmland. They are my go-to if I can't get IBP.

We prefer the natural farmland any day over the IBPs. The farmland are usually a little longer than a IBP St. Louis cut. Some I picked up last night
B33019BB-E866-4911-BEFF-6D4EB2C7A05B-1247-00000112902069D2.jpg

If you go to the farmland website, you will see they have two product lines, one natural and one enhanced. The natural ones are what HEB stores carry down here, and last 2 weeks they've been on sale for $1.99/lb for st louis cut.

Forgot to mention that I've never had a poorly cut farmland rib. They've always been meaty and well trimmed. I say they are a winner.

Hey guys, I just learn't something new. Thanks for the OP and all the responses. My supplier has both IBP and Farmland, if it's the natural I'll give them a try.
If you go to the farmland website, you will see they have two product lines, one natural and one enhanced. The natural ones are what HEB stores carry down here, and last 2 weeks they've been on sale for $1.99/lb for st louis cut.

Forgot to mention that I've never had a poorly cut farmland rib. They've always been meaty and well trimmed. I say they are a winner.

Hey guys, I just learn't something new. Thanks for the OP and all the responses. My supplier has both IBP and Farmland, if it's the natural I'll give them a try.
Dave, picked up the IBP at my Costco Restaurant Depo in Davie. They were really good and I have 4 more racks in the freezer. Hittin' the bricks this weekend!

This is exactly the info I was looking for brethren. I will pick some up and give them a try. I am finding it harder to get IBP and the last racks I bought from Sams had no name and were absolute garbage. Appears Restaurant Depot is carrying Farmland All natural in mass quantity so looks like either way I have a quality rack for my next comps. Thanks again everyone.

The other nice thing about Farmland All Natural is that they are individually packaged, nothing hidden in the middle.

WE get a lot of Farmland stuff up here in general. I got some at Target once (really cheap) that were enhanced. But most the others haven't been. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase again

For what its worth i cook about 20 cases of 2 3/4 lb Farmland St.Louis cut ribs per week.

Their an OUTSTANDING product. ;)

Back