Not your daddy's Cowboy lump!

Ribbit! I mean, Trout!!

I'll have to give CB another try, Lazzari and Wicked Good have been my go-to's for a couple years now, never gotten anything weird out of them... but a friend got 2 live lizards out of a bag of lazzari once, God only knows what they were up to in there... :rolleyes:

I don't understand why you guys keep beating yourselves up about lump. Simple solution make your own.

I have only been using lump for just awhile, and my first bag was Cowboy and had good pieces throughout, but with abit of "sparking". Lateley I have been using Frontier, which has also been good, with just a tad of "sparking", which was less than CB... I have a bag of Best of the West sitting waiting for a try, once my Frontier is used up... I have not found any "junque" in any bags yet of either brand.

I did it...I finally bought a 20lb bag at lowes. I'll give it a shot this weekend. I hope it sucks cause they only had 1 bag left, so if it's awesome, I'm probably farked because they'll be sold out when I go back. In which case, I'm obviously going to blame bigabyte. :grin:

Okay, enough about how good this chit is..I get it:roll: Went to my local Festival today and what was staring me in the puss.......Yup a Cowboys Lump. So I picked up two bags and will give it a run this weekend. I hope you farkers are right, because if your not, somebody getting the rocks and concrete and farking nails sent in an unmarked box........Gore :twisted:

Okay, enough about how good this chit is..I get it:roll: Went to my local Festival today and what was staring me in the puss.......Yup a Cowboys Lump. So I picked up two bags and will give it a run this weekend. I hope you farkers are right, because if your not, somebody getting the rocks and concrete and farking nails sent in an unmarked box........Gore :twisted:

Don't forget about the Balrog... :mrgreen:

I was thinking of trying it- but now that I checked- cowboy lump 20lb at ace is 15.99. Weedend warrior 22lb is 20.99 w/free ship to store. I think I know which one I'll be getting.

When I first got my Akorn I picked up a 20# bag of cowboy and was very satisfied with it. Everyone here ragged it so thought I would try RO from Wal-Mart. Both bags I've used so far of the RO it all looks like scrap lumber 1x2, both bags. Got the Wicked Good from Ace during the Christmas sale and it has huge chunks in it, but it's lump and not scrap lumber. I also got the big bag of RO from RD to see if it's any different than the ones at Wal-Mart, haven't opened it yet.
I said all that to say unless the RD RO just blows my socks off I'm going back to Cowboy. I've not been smoking for a long time but Cowboy has by far been the best I've used with RO being the worst. Just my .02.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I tried cowboy for the first time recently. I was impressed to find big chunks and some pieces of small round logs in there. But, the bottom of the bag was nothing but pieces too small to put in the chimney and dust.

Guess I'm gonna have to buy some more Cowboy.
I swore off it a couple of yrs. ago.
I've been using RO or Stubbs.

The quality of RO has gone down in the last year.
Nobody wants a pound of dust and small chips in a 8lb bag of Lump.

Why do I get the feeling my mailbox is going to be stuffed with packages of rocks and fossilized frogs and lizards for the next 6 months. :roll:

I am writing your address on every bathroom wall I go into. I'm a traveling salesman......................Get your BOX open BUDDY!!!!!!:biggrin1:

I have 5 bags of Royal Oak to go through before I can even think of trying Cowboy again. My father in law quit using Cowboy and has been using Wegman's..and said it's the best he's ever used (he has a Big Green Egg). So we'll see sometime!

Is there any corelation to quality of lump and bag size? I bought two 5lb bags of RO this past weekend at store close to house at 3.99/bag and the first one had so much dust and small pcs that it fell through the bottom of the chimney starter. Couldn't believe it. Hadn't opened the second but hoping better.

When I bought last egg I got an almost full 20lb bag of that had huge pcs in it( not Royal oak brand). I have seen the 8.8lb bags from home depot and lowes have pcs that needed to be busted just to fit in my SBGE.

Does anyone else notice that lump doesnt have the same BTU output briquettes have? That lump burns so fast. In heat rating I can use half as much with briquettes

Back