• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber Charcoal Table 7445

caliking

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I saw this table in a video JMSetzler posted about the compact chimney starter.

Does anyone have one of these?
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Weber-7445-Portable-Charcoal-Table/dp/B00AHUR0OC/ref=lh_ni_t"]Amazon.com: Weber Portable Charcoal Table: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

I could use a metal table for my small grills, plus it would work as a table for my tandoor and big UDS cooks. I was looking for a folding metal camp table type of thing, but this is close enough I guess.

Only problem is that it doesn't fold, and it looks a tad unsteady since the legs are not braced at all. The legs can be disassembled easily for transport.

Any thoughts?

I don't see myself using it much. Unless you go tailgating with the smokey joe a lot, i'd pass, and even if you do, I might still say pass.

I love buying all kinds of Weber chit, whether I need it or not, but I think I'd pass on this one myself.

I guess I'm not convinced I need this. I'll keep looking for a metal camping table. If anyone uses one that they like, do let me know.

Thanks.

Idk, I wouldn't mind one for a wsm or smokey joe. Looks pretty good for price

Its hard to see in the pic- are there little holes where the bottom of the grill fits in? And there appears to be some sort of lever at the front...

Its hard to see in the pic- are there little holes where the bottom of the grill fits in? And there appears to be some sort of lever at the front...

Apparently there are some kind of slots in the table surface so you can lock your grill in place. Compatible with the SJS, SJG, WGA, and the new Jumbo Joe (not the old one). I have those cookers, but my Jumbo Joe is the older model. Plus I could use a metal table for my Lodge hibachi as well. This weber table just doesn't look that stable though.

I use an old metal typewriter table with folding sides I found for cheap and it works great.

I saw one of these at a garage sale last summer and had the same idea...then I talked myself out of it...went home, changed my mind, went back about 30 minutes later...and of course...GONE! Strike while the iron is hot.

I'm all for buying BBQ stuff, I even looked at a 10' long light up "BBQ" sign off a restaurant to put in/on my basement/garage (didn't tell the wife of course :icon_devil ) But I'd probably pass on this table as well...looks wobbly and like it would be a hassle to take apart. Based only off the picture on Amazon.

I use a black folding table. I paid 20 or 30 bucks for it at Target or Wally world, dont remember. I've had it for a few years and it's holding up strong and it's the perfect height.

DSCN2548.jpg

Also, perfect for small grills. :thumb:

DSCN4753.jpg

Curious if something like this would work...maybe it's not tall or wide enough....
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Wel-Bilt-Folding-Aluminum-Platform-Capacity/dp/B0039ZC434/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357870989&sr=8-2&keywords=work+platform"]Amazon.com: Wel-Bilt Folding Aluminum Platform - 330Lb. Capacity: Home Improvement[/ame]

I looked at the that table, but I really can't see a reason for me to get one. I know several Dutch Oven cookers who use Dutch oven tables, but those are WAY thicker on the steel, so you can actually put red-hot coals on the table. When I read the name, I thought Weber was making something like that. But, no.

MY SJG works fine on my cedar cooking table, or on my camper table,or on the ground. No need for this table.

CD

I use a black folding table. I paid 20 or 30 bucks for it at Target or Wally world, dont remember. I've had it for a few years and it's holding up strong and it's the perfect height.

DSCN2548.jpg

Also, perfect for small grills. :thumb:

DSCN4753.jpg

That is a nice looking table. I'll check out Target this weekend maybe.

Curious if something like this would work...maybe it's not tall or wide enough....
Amazon.com: Wel-Bilt Folding Aluminum Platform - 330Lb. Capacity: Home Improvement
That looks kinda low and narrow. Not a bad price though. And it sounds sturdy.

i also use one of those old typewriter tables. reasonably sturdy. the original wheels are wood so i replaced mine with cheap plastic ones.

80 bucks for something that sits next to your grill? crazy talk!!! i have a TV tray table that i sit next to my 22.5 OTG when i'm using it and works great. i'm planning on building something better but i'd definitely pass on this thing.

Prices may vary a little,

Weber.com $69.99

Home Depot.com $59.99

Here's a pic of how I use the tv tray. They are cheap too. I took this a few minutes ago, I'm smoking some wings. I still may check out John's video, he makes good stuff.

a9y2a4u3.jpg

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back