• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pepper Stout Beef - if you haven't tried it yet, you need to

IheartBees

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
This stuff is fantastic! Putting it on a bun is almost a waste - the bun just gets in the way.

3.5 lb chuck roast after 3 hours with some cherry smoke:
EM2R2.jpg

After 3 more hours:
1HvP3.jpg

Ready to eat!
d7cOE.jpg

And just in case you were wondering, no, I am not a professional food photographer :grin:

Original recipe here: http://wolfepit.blogspot.com/2009/10/pepper-stout-beef.html

Did mine on Saturday. Makes a great burrito with avocado and hot sauce.

That looks great! Gonna give it a try thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ok, I know what I'm doing this weekend! Did you season with JUST the kosher salt and black pepper? How much? I love pepper but my wife and kids aren't as adventurous in that regard as I am. How much pepper can I get away with before I put it over the top? Does it mellow out the pepper as it cooks?

Looks great. It truly is a great meal. A buddy of mine always requests it when I cook over at his house.

Yup.....I love that stuff too. I need to do it again soon. It's too farkin good.

That looks great! :thumb:

I absolutely cannot wait to try this. Tomorrow is jerky day, but I know what I'm doing with my next day off!

Ok, I know what I'm doing this weekend! Did you season with JUST the kosher salt and black pepper? How much? I love pepper but my wife and kids aren't as adventurous in that regard as I am. How much pepper can I get away with before I put it over the top? Does it mellow out the pepper as it cooks?

I used roughly 6-8 Tbsp of pepper to cover the whole thing, and I only put in one jalapeno (with seeds). It had some heat to it - I thought it was tasty, but it was a little on the hot side for my wife.

Next time I'll seed the jalapeno and probably half the amount of pepper.

And yes, just salt and pepper.

Yeah I had already read the wolfepit recipe which says "heavily season" which concerned me. Just wondering how strong the pepper is after 6+ hours cooking and mixed in with everything else......

It's pretty peppery, but I enjoy it like that. My family doesn't, however, so I just tone it down. This is one of my favorites. The peppers and onions at the bottom are amazing.

I cooked this last weekend and it was great! I also did a pan of leftover pulled pork the same way at it was really good too. Standing on their own, I preferred the beef, but on a sammie, I enjoyed the pork more. I used a hoagie and on one end I had beeef & provolone, the other half was pork & pepper jack.

These are the only pictures I have. I am trying to get better at remembering pictures.
photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

Thanks for the idea & inspiration!

I can attest to the awesomess of this cook! On the traeger for a quick sear and into the pan, awfully good with garlic naan bread with creamy horseradish spread
42fb8de8.jpg

c31e2e0d.jpg

a103d0ca.jpg

724461a6.jpg

fdafe498.jpg

Down to 350 with the stroke of a thumb
2f135335.jpg

8ef0c3f9.jpg

fed087b7.jpg

e75f3a50.jpg

Very highly reccomended recipe by my fellow pelletheads.

Back