Staten island, ny. Comp info?

boogiesnap

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
hi everyone.

anybody got any details on this event? it's listed on the KCBS site, but the web link had no info yet.

thank you.

I saw it on the BOD agenda a few days ago, I have scoured the web high and low, and the only thing I can find out about it is from the KCBS notes...

I know not much help but...

New Contests:
April 21-22 New York City BBQ Cook-off Staten Island NY
May 4-5 Inland Empire Dixie Salsa BBQ Ontario CA
June 22-23 The Legacy BBQ Championship Effingham IL
Aug. 15-16 Montana State BBQ at Montana Fair Billings MT
Aug. 24-25 Roast N' Boast Columbus MS
Aug. 24-25* Benton County Fair BBQ Contest Ashland MS
Sept. 7-8 Bulldog BBQ & Blues: Smoke at Stokes Kirksville MO
Sept. 14-15* Smokin' Valley BBQ Challenge Huntsville UT
Sept. 21-22 Smokin' on the Track BBQ Shenandoah VA
Oct. 12-13 Smoke on the Water at Lake Shawnee Topeka KS
Oct. 12-13 Santee Car Show & BBQ Fest Santee CA
July 27-28 Big Bear BBQ & Bearfest Big Bear lake CA
New Licensed Contest (Competitor's Series):
April 21 Southern Hotwing Festival Memphis TN

They are waiting for kcbs approval before they release the entry forms . Chili contest sat, kcbs turn in sunday,

whats the rush in wanting to find out information? the contest is still a good 60 day away
:boink:

Its approved, forms will be out later this week. the contest is on an island, muzzle doesnt g ooo to islands

whats the rush in wanting to find out information? the contest is still a good 60 day away
:boink:

well, if you must know...

i wanna start stocking up on blues hog so when you forget yours and come schlepping around looking for some, i have enough to share. :fish:

hmmm, right in my backyard. I am not ready to compete fully yet, but since it is so close to home maybe just pick one turn in like ribs to give it a go.

hmmm, right in my backyard. I am not ready to compete fully yet, but since it is so close to home maybe just pick one turn in like ribs to give it a go.

No better way to just jump in and do all 4, save time and wasted money and take this class the month before http://tippycanoebbq.com/Home_Page_UG6M.html

1 call and yo would get the money back you spent on the class

No better way to just jump in and do all 4, save time and wasted money and take this class the month before http://tippycanoebbq.com/Home_Page_UG6M.html

1 call and yo would get the money back you spent on the class

i couldn't agree more with this suggestion.

with all the time and expense just setting up, might as well make a run at all 4 categories.

Sled, why don't you tell everyone you are getting paid to put the tippy canoe class on. Little tacky bro.

Sled, why don't you tell everyone you are getting paid to put the tippy canoe class on. Little tacky bro.

Dick thing to say when I'm not getting a dime, I made the suggestion to Joe and Ryan to put on a class in the northeast .and helped scout a location and help a little with logistics and that's it. I Am attending the class like everybody else. My intent was with all the classes around the country, none are around here . It was for myself as well as all others around here to save all the travel expenses of flying and getting a hotel out of State to a class. Know your facts buddy before you post them. thanks

Dick thing to say when I'm not getting a dime, I made the suggestion to Joe and Ryan to put on a class in the northeast .and helped scout a location and help a little with logistics and that's it. I Am attending the class like everybody else. My intent was with all the classes around the country, none are around here . It was for myself as well as all others around here to save all the travel expenses of flying and getting a hotel out of State to a class. Know your facts buddy before you post them. thanks

Not what i heard, but thats okay.

Its approved, forms will be out later this week. the contest is on an island, muzzle doesnt g ooo to islands

Has nothing to do with an island, has everything to do with planning and consideration. I just don't understand why an organizer cannot provide any information about a contest at least 90 prior to the contest.

How is someone supposed to find out anything about this contest? It's been approved by KCBS assigned reps and the only information available to the public is through you and is "wait, its coming". Its BS. In the time it took to get KCBS approval they couldn't put together a page for the contest on their website? There is a name for these comps, Shake N Bake.....

well, if you must know...

i wanna start stocking up on blues hog so when you forget yours and come schlepping around looking for some, i have enough to share. :fish:

not sure what that means, did I do that at some point?:confused:

Has nothing to do with an island, has everything to do with planning and consideration. I just don't understand why an organizer cannot provide any information about a contest at least 90 prior to the contest.

How is someone supposed to find out anything about this contest? It's been approved by KCBS assigned reps and the only information available to the public is through you and is "wait, its coming". Its BS. In the time it took to get KCBS approval they couldn't put together a page for the contest on their website? There is a name for these comps, Shake N Bake.....

not sure what that means, did I do that at some point?:confused:

well, you didn't do the schlepping....

only jiving bro, figured you'd remember, as i clearly remember pleading to the brethren for some kosmos cuz i ruined mine just hours before the same event.

i went with an alternative you had, in fact, suggested. :thumb:

well, you didn't do the schlepping....

only jiving bro, figured you'd remember, as i clearly remember pleading to the brethren for some kosmos cuz i ruined mine just hours before the same event.

i went with an alternative you had, in fact, suggested. :thumb:

LOL

Man I must have been drunk or I am just getting way crispy, I don't remember that at all!:becky:

Back