Help! running out of time

MIKEMAC

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have been smoking two butts since 9 p.m. last night. I haven't had any sleep. I have to have these two butts ready to leave my house in an hour and a half. They went up to about 190-192 and have cooled back down to low to mid 180's. I am throwing them in the oven right now. What temp should I set the oven on? I have it at 350 right now. Is that too much? I smoked most of the night at 240 and moved it to 275 around 6 a.m..

Wrap them in foil with a half cup of apple juice and toss the min the oven @ 350 until you are ready to leave. Then wrap in towels and put in a cooler to transport.

Thank you very much. I was thinking 350 would be good. I am going to do the juice right now. Merry Christmas!

Good advice. Did you probe the butts before you put them in the oven? They may already be good to go if they hit 192 depending if you're going for pulled or chopped.

Wrap them in foil with a half cup of apple juice and toss the min the oven @ 350 until you are ready to leave. Then wrap in towels and put in a cooler to transport.

Yup, I've done that and it works very well. You'll be surprised
at how fast they come up to temp.

John

Good advice. Did you probe the butts before you put them in the oven? They may already be good to go if they hit 192 depending if you're going for pulled or chopped.
Yeah, it's strange. They were at 192 a couple of hours ago but dropped down to mid 180's. I don't really understand why it does this, but this is not the first time I have had a temperature drop in my meat. Not just butt's either. Last time it was a brisket. It even happens without moving my probe. I never smoke less than 240 on pork or brisket and usually end up finishing around 260. I like my internal temp over 200

Yeah, it's strange. They were at 192 a couple of hours ago but dropped down to mid 180's. I don't really understand why it does this, but this is not the first time I have had a temperature drop in my meat. Not just butt's either. Last time it was a brisket. It even happens without moving my probe. I never smoke less than 240 on pork or brisket and usually end up finishing around 260. I like my internal temp over 200

Ya gotta love the magical mystery tour that is bbq! :becky: :laugh: :crazy:

Back